FarmerJamie - A new beginning

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Alas, I'm with the "don't do it kids". DD has in past when her DH were together.. He loved growing a garden. She used to work a large flower set up. Now, nope. But she also eats FEW veggies -- potatoes, cooked dried type beans -- that's about it. 😵‍💫🙄. DS eats pretty much pizza or sandwiches now...a few TV dinners, etc, unless someone else cooks it. So my gardening, canning, farming efforts are 98% for me, animals or friends. Somewhat disheartening.😐. There are days I think 🤔 why do.
Yeah, I wonder why some days also. DS GF would not ever consider eating home canned... or anything because she "had to" growing up when her grandmother was poor, and her mother just doesn't, even though she learned it. She's not much for cooking at home anymore either... but when she does it is store bought canned or boxed or frozen stuff...
Wish there was someone that wanted to work into a situation, that would appreciate it, that I could "mentor".... just doesn't seem like there are too many around that want to put the WORK into something that they can appreciate down the road.