Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Soon!

Canned a batch of the baked beans using the recipe @Mini Horses posted. They are so good!

Fully intended to do several batches of various beans today but got interrupted by an early delivery of some shelving units. Got one set put together with only a few "uh-ohs" or so I thought, lol. When I got finished I noticed that I put a couple of the doors on upside down. I don't care, lol. It makes them unique, right? I have another one to put together tomorrow. Hmmmmm....should I make them unique also? Or actually read and follow directions this time?
Oh wait - there are NO directions. Only a pathetic series of pictures with absolutely NO written directions. What is wrong with these people?

if done correctly those picture versions of directions should be good enough, but also think of all the paper and money they save by not having to pay for different translations.

from my own experience with my bookshelves i didn't have any problems and in fact thought it was so easy that i thought that perhaps i could offer my services as a furniture puter-togetherer...

Would like to get a batch of black-eyed peas w/sausage in the canner tomorrow. I can put the next set of shelves together while beans are processing. Hopefully I can cut my shelf building labor time in half tomorrow since I know how to do it now. (ha!)

haha! :) +1,000

I plan on adding an additional step though. These shelving/storage units are reminiscent of gym lockers. The only thing I don't like is that they have 6 inch "feet." I think they are actually 6 inches too tall. Hmmmm...sawzall?

well that answer beats putting holes in the floor. :)

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
if done correctly those picture versions of directions should be good enough, but also think of all the paper and money they save by not having to pay for different translations.
If done correctly - is the key, lol. These were so tiny that you couldn't see detail - and some of those details were pretty important. I had to take apart and re-do the first set I put together because the pics weren't large enough to see. But, I got it now! I am a furniture building pro! :celebrate

We've got possible rough weather in the forecast for tonight. Hope it passes us by like the last round. We got almost 2 inches from the system that didn't hit us directly. We did need some, but we're good now. Don't need any more for a while.

Found some volunteer basil this morning - right beside some volunteer tomatoes! Woo Hoo! Not going to get toooo excited because the stink bugs will probably find them before I get to taste a single one. But - so far I haven't seen any.

I'm finally going to start a batch of black-eye peas w/sausage to can today. Been intending to do it for several days now... I'll make it happen today. While that's processing I'm going to attack my goat med/supply cabinet and get that a bit more organized. (that means it's not AT ALL organized right now, lol)

Latest posts