Hello from northeast Ohio

Silvrgoat

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all, my name is Marina and I recently found this website. I saw so much helpful information that I had to join just to say Thank you! I am a fairly new gardener and am excited to finally start canning and preserving food - I apologize in advance for all of the questions and recipe requests that will follow!

I also love plants in general, especially flowers, and am learning about native plants in my area. I have about a half acre of 'grass' and want to put it to better use for the common good of all (animals and insects, etc)

If anyone is in my area and would like to connect (email, text, etc) I would love that because I don't really have anyone around me in person to help and share these things with.

I look forward to meeting you and joining in the fun! Thanks again..

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Hi all, my name is Marina and I recently found this website. I saw so much helpful information that I had to join just to say Thank you! I am a fairly new gardener and am excited to finally start canning and preserving food - I apologize in advance for all of the questions and recipe requests that will follow!

there's a lot of already posted threads and recipes but there's always room for more. :)

I also love plants in general, especially flowers, and am learning about native plants in my area. I have about a half acre of 'grass' and want to put it to better use for the common good of all (animals and insects, etc)

if you make it too attractive to animals you may wish for the good old days. vegetable gardens tend to get raided by any animal looking for goodies. i've found for us that having some good fences really makes life easier. we'd not get much of a harvest if i didn't have the fences up.

If anyone is in my area and would like to connect (email, text, etc) I would love that because I don't really have anyone around me in person to help and share these things with.

I look forward to meeting you and joining in the fun! Thanks again..

hello and welcome to SS. :)

if you have a local library you can approach them and ask them if you can start a gardening group. it may start small, but it's a nice way to meet people and have some kind of a social life. i'm actually more like a hermit so for me it is almost my entire social life, haha!

there's two or three regulars that show up for our once a month meetings and we also do some work with the seed library.

aside from SS there is also the sister site TheEasyGarden.com which may also catch your interests. :)

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Welcome! In what area are you? We might have members there, sorta close. 🥰. We have Ohio members.