More Quart Jars!!!

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Whoo hoo. I came across an add on my local craigs list yesterday for free canning jars. The woman said they were her mothers and she specifically wanted to give them to someone who would use them. I knew the add had just gone up is was second from the top. So I shot her an e mail. I went this morning just up the highway about 15 min there and another 15 back. I picked up 6 cases of quart jars. In excellent condition. I gave the lady a couple dozen fresh eggs as a thank you.

Ok so now I have a bunch of quarts. I think I need to make some soups. Whoo hoo!!!

PunkinPeep

Humble Ambitions
Reaction score
That's awesome! I share your excitement!

I went to visit my mil for her birthday, and she had found me nearly 40 quart jars and about 10 pint jars.

I'm so excited! I got presents for her birthday!

unclejoe

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Instead of starting a new thread, I thought I'd just revive this one.
Went to an auction today and got a mixed lot of 4 dozen quart and pint jars, both regular and widemouth. There was also 13 "mayonnaise" jars that I haven't decided what to do with yet. They all had rings and there was a package of new lids in there too. A few of them had labels from "86" and "87". $1 :weee

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
unclejoe said:
Instead of starting a new thread, I thought I'd just revive this one.
Went to an auction today and got a mixed lot of 4 dozen quart and pint jars, both regular and widemouth. There was also 13 "mayonnaise" jars that I haven't decided what to do with yet. They all had rings and there was a package of new lids in there too. A few of them had labels from "86" and "87". $1 :weee
Good score :clap I used mayo jars for storing herbs, beans or for holding leftovers in the frig. I might use them canning in a water bath, even though you aren't supposed to. Not in a pressure canner though.

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
I too use mayo jars for storage of herbs, dried beans etc. I know my mother use to can in them, when she ran out of proper canning jars, but only in the water bath canner.