A different view of debt

On Our own

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I personally advocate paying your debts and resent people who ran up huge debt before the crash and now won't pay. But, I also know good people who got shafted. This is an interesting take --

While most Americans with unpaid bills dread the collector's call, Cunningham sees them as lucrative opportunities. Many collection and credit card companies, intentionally or not, violate little-known consumer rights laws, and Cunningham's favorite pastime is catching them doing so and then suing them. In fact, it's a profitable side job.

Call it ironic, but the only house on the block that appears to be the foreclosed end to some sad financial story is in fact the home of one of the debt collection industry's emerging and persistent threats. Cunningham calls himself a private attorney generalsomeone who files private lawsuits in the public interest. Debt collectors call him a credit terrorist.

Patrick Lunsford, who edits InsideARM, a trade magazine for the debt collection industry, knows the term. "There is a sub-group out there that does actually advise people on how to bait [collectors]," he says. "That's something that really gets under the skin of, well, obviously, collectors."

Cunningham beats the debt collectors at their own game. He turns their money-making practice into a financial liability. He is a regular guy who has become a radical enemy of the banking system.
Edited to add link http://www.blacklistednews.com/news-7200-0-0-0--.html

Jamsoundsgood

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
So, how do I get him in touch with my FIL? There were a couple of laws broken there, and the lawyer "helping" them with their bankruptcy doesn't seem to care. :rolleyes: