Aesthetics?

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I really don't have a front or back yard. I live a hill with the house at the top. Almost all MY stuff lies to the left of the drive way. First you pass the chicken coop then my small orchard. At the top of the hill our yard is higher than the drive so you really can't see it. What bothers me most is our turn around area in front of the house. I used to have a circle of lavender and bulbs there but they all died over time. Now we have to drive over the circle to get our truck and fifth wheel out of the driveway. The area under my porch is the worst. If we unload anything it ends up there. used lumber, plywood, not to mention my empty plant pots a couple blue barrels and some old straw. :sick

Not a very pleasant thing to see. Sometimes I wish people could walk through my yard to get to the house There the would find neatly tended veggie beds, my bunny coop and a new patio.

I guess under the porch will have to be my next project. Thanks for the inspiration.

g

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Don't even get me started about neighbors. :rolleyes: Mine is a self righteous, spoiled rotten, know-it-all that has to comment on everything we do.

We like everything to look neat but inevitably things happen and there just isn't storage space for everything. We are moving now and the issue is storage space, yet again. We are cleaning out the attic and getting rid of everything that we haven't used in a year. It's pointless to keep it all. Once a year we do the same thing with our clothes. If it looks awful, hasn't been worn, etc. it goes to the thrift shop for someone else.

Just about everything at this house is going to be different. We just did a major toy clean out in preparation and oh my word.

As far as the chicken thing is concerned....we wanted to go bigger and get more but we have decided to keep our 6 misfits and our small coop. Ducks too....6 is about perfect for us. Got rid of the quail and we are contemplating selling off the rabbits. We may do meat rabbits later but not until next year.

We are getting goats (6 or 7 to start) and have to construct a barn of some sort and that has been a real problem for us cause of aesthetics. We are thinking of getting a large shed or run-in type horse barn and adding lean tos. We'll have to see what happens.