Do you have a guilty pleasure?

delia_peterson

Covered in Compost
Reaction score
Mine is books. I have loved to read since i was 8 yrs old. I love to read all books except for romance....I read those alot in my teens and was very dissapointed to realize that...uh, it just did not happen the way it did in the books! :hit No tall, dark and handsome. No bodice ripping. Sigh.

But I read anything that has history or a good plot. Right now I am reading about Henry the eighth and all the unlucky wives!
I have found a swap and shop book store and I can get very good deals! And now of course I am reading tons of SS stuff!

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
Lays potato chips and Lawson's French Onion dip.
A match made in heaven. :love

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
I have more! Malted milk balls from the food co-op. I swear there's something illegal in the milk chocolate coating. Stouffer's spinach souffle. Dr. Pepper. And I too can get in big trouble in a book store!

jessejames

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
ah yes books and magazines for me i spend way to much money on them and way to much time reading them too. the sunday new york times is my fav and it is 9$ up here at least it takes me all week to read it and since it is so expensive i read every word. biggest problem with that is that there is a book review section which always leaves me making a list for the book store!!!

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Paper towels and zip lock bags. LOL

I would say Dove chocolate candy but DH says its not a guilty pleasure. Its medicine. I just happen to be sick every night and have to have 2 bite size pieces. (You know, take two and call me in the morning.) It keeps me sane and likeable.

Books. Mostly SS type but am hung up on a series right now. Fortunately I don't have to buy them. I was able to borrow this particular set.

Edited for spelling.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Why do all of you think BOOKs are a guilty pleasure? Books are a pleasure!! Or is it the purchase of new books when you should be on a budget.

AND POPTARTS!!! :ep Shameful!!

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
Why do all of you think BOOKs are a guilty pleasure? Books are a pleasure!! Or is it the purchase of new books when you should be on a budget.

Haha, YES poptarts.

For me, its buying books. I order them online because we never get to go to the library. :/

delia_peterson

Covered in Compost
Reaction score
big brown horse said:

I used to spend alot of money on new paperbacks and such.(magazines,hard cover books) Its really the only splurge for myself...but I was spending quite a chunk. But then I happened upon a paperback swap/shop where they give you credit for what books you bring in and you use it toward the used books you buy that are already 1/2 half or even less. So now for $20 I am set for the month! (I read at least 2 books a week, I dont watch TV much) I used to spend up to $100 plus...:th And I handle my books with lots of love, hehe..I throw them in my backpack,on my front porch table..you get the picture.
So I never got them from the library.... I am rough with books.
Gee! Now I am craving a Blueberry Poptart!

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Aww, Delia, that sounds awesome, I wish we had one of those book stores.

There was one collection of books that I had collected over the years, about thirty books, and I ended up with most of them. Then one day when we went to the library (we go like twice a year) they had all of them. Very disapointing that they were all right there and I had bought them.

On the other hand, I might be able to sell them on ebay.