Food prices June 2021

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Saw 3 gardens going in on my short end of the road. One was a fam that used to garden, had chickens, milk goat, etc. As kids grew & left, things stopped. For several yrs, no efforts of the sort. This yr, I see a garden!! ☺️. They're retirement age, so either more time or less to spend, or such. Another wasn't thinking to garden this yr -- they said a couple months back -- it's being planted 😁.

So those who can, will do more this year, I believe. Great!

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We went by both US Foods Chefstore and Costco Business this weekend. So I got prices. I'll be going back to Costco for the baby back ribs as soon as I make a freezer spot. I just copy and pasted from the pictures this time. My phone app does that. It was quicker.

US Foods Chefstore

BEEF SPECIAL TRIMMINGS 4.29
BEEF TRI-TIP 4.99
BEEF TOP SIRLOIN 5.19
BEEF STRIP LOIN (NEW YORK STRIP) 8.69
BEEF LIP-ON RIBEYE 10.49
BEEF BRISKET 3.89
PORK BONELESS SHOULDER BUTTS 2.29
PORK PICNIC CUSHION 2.19
BONE-IN PORK SHOULDER BUTTS 2.19
PORK LOIN 2.59
PORK SIRLOIN 2.19
PORK SPARERIBS 2.59
PORK BABY BACK RIBS 3.39
PORK TENDERLOIN 2.89
GROUND BEEF 80% LEAN 10 LB $37.59
GROUND BEEF 85% LEAN 5 LB $25.39 Advertised Special 20.99

Costco Business Center

PORK BACKRIBS PER LB 1.97
PORK ST LOUIS RIBS PER LB 3.19
PORK TENDERLOIN PER LB 1.97
PORK SHOULDER BUTT BONELESS PER LB 2.19
BEEF BRISKET CHOICE PER LB 3.99
BEEF BRISKET PRIME PER LB 4.49
BEEF SPECIAL TRIM SELECT PER LB 3.99
BEEF EYE OF ROUND SELECT PER LB 3.59
BEEF ROUND TIP SELECT PER LB 3.79
BEEF LOIN TOP LOIN CHOICE PER LB 10.39
BEEF TRI TIP CHOICE PER LB 7.27
BEEF SIRLOIN TRIMMED CHOICE PER LB 4.99
GROUND BEEF 90% PER LB 3.79 10 LB ROLL
GROUND BEEF 80% PER LB 2.99 10 LB ROLL

Last edited:

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We get it at the Business Center. I hadn't actually done a price comparison before on it. I usually only get weekly deals at the Chefstore.

Costco gets prime and select meat in as well as the choice. If I'm doing a brisket I prefer the prime one because the extra fat makes for a better end product. Sometimes it's actually cheaper than the choice. They haven't has as much of the prime in other cuts lately at the Business Center. Regular Costco always has it but prices may be a bit higher I've noticed

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
What type of fruit?

strawberries. :) first decent crop i've managed to harvest much of for several years - the critters were habitually raiding them before i could get them picked, but for some reason this year they've not gotten too many of them (i've been trapping and hunting so that has probably a lot to do with it).

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Never stops....last month 4.2 million layers destroyed for avian flu detected. Here we go again 🙄 300,000+ dz a day.

So many food recalls --- geesh. They just up prices on us to off set THEIR losses. Wish we could do that to them :old. Stop buying their other products, yep. But many of us don't buy it anyway 🥴🥴

Last edited:

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Never stops....last month 4.2 million layers destroyed for avian flu detected. Here we go again 🙄 300,000+ dz a day.

So many food recalls --- geesh. They just up prices on us to off set THEIR losses. Wish we could do that to them :old. Stop buying their other products, yep. But many of us don't buy it anyway 🥴🥴

It is slowly happening with people not buying the brand names as much. Walmart is expanding their store brand products because of that.

The fast food places are starting to really hurt because it's cheaper and more food for sit down restaurants in some places.