Food prices June 2021

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Even with flock depopulation elsewhere in the country, egg prices have actually gone down here. Mom clued me in because they went down at the Safeway by her.

$9.29 for 5 dozen large eggs at Costco. I needed cream and eggs are right there

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
today a blurb in the news about lumber prices collapsing (due to lower demand from construction)...

what goes up can come down.

that said i have no idea if the prices are close to where it was before the pandemic or not.

the last time i had to get any lumber i wasn't impressed at all by the quality (nothing was straight).

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
today a blurb in the news about lumber prices collapsing (due to lower demand from construction)...

that said i have no idea if the prices are close to where it was before the pandemic or not.

the last time i had to get any lumber i wasn't impressed at all by the quality (nothing was straight).

Lots of knot and bark edges as well. I only needed new 2x2s for run roosts so it didn't matter but yes the quality was bad

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score

Futures look down about a third from the COVID throes.

Screenshot_20240630-182027_Chrome.jpg