Free's kidding journal 2011: Plum's death wish p 42

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
your all wrong, dorian is actually a mini gazelle lol least thats what he looks like in the kissing pic, thats a gazelle face right there!

cute babies!

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
He's too hairy to be a gazelle now!!

I thought Peach's ligaments felt a bit softer this evening, so I made the late bottles even later so I could check on her again.

MUCH softer! Not gone, but a big change took place in the past 3 hours. So she went into the freshly cleaned and bedded stall that Ginger's triplets recently vacated (Whew! Just in the nick of time!) with a bucket of water (hung above hoo-hoo height so no drowned kids) and a pan with some extra alfalfa pellets to keep her happy. She really didn't need them, she was quite happy to be alone, not even crying for her mother, Ginger.

I'll be setting the alarms tonight. So much for sleeping. Tomorrow is a day off, mostly, so the timing will be great if she delivers them tomorrow.

The next doeling is reserved, along with Mya's doeling. The people offered a deposit, and do not want them disbudded. Another "whew!" The thought of that task puts a big twang in my stomach. I hope Peach gives me at least one doeling, then we don't have to wait and hope for Plum to produce one in June.

I'm too nervous to sleep!

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
I am excited for you and hope all goes well.

I can't even think about Blossom having her babies. :rolleyes: She is fattening up. Both my girls are still coughing. I am going to have to do more research on this stupid cough. I am pretty sure it is lungworm. But then I also noticed mold in their pen, so I am cleaning it out.

Love seeing those little kids jump around.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I think I read that with lungworm, they cough after running a bit. Maybe? The mold could do it, too.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
If it was a horse, I'd suggest heaves.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
No babies yet but her ligaments are gone and I put her out for a bit just now. She could hardly heave her big self over the door sill.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
hey Free!

hopefully today is the day! quick! go and do an errand and she's sure to pop while you're gone!

ha!

;-)

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I was going to shower, put on clean clothes, and go to town.

Hey, wait, I live in town. :p

She's out right now, I'm having my hot chocolate and warming up the cast iron pan to make some eggs. I delivered the last two sets of kids on an empty stomach. Getting too old for that. :rolleyes:

If she is still holding out in an hour, I'll take a shower and rattle my car keys in her direction....think it'll work?

glenolam

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I was thinking about you this weekend and whether or not I needed to harass you about disbudding. But with mother's day and other projects I never got the chance so I'm glad to hear it's working out well!

I'm still available if needed!

Good luck with Peach today - it's supposed to be beautiful