Garden Center Trip

hoosier

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
dacjohns said:
I know my wife is the better packer. She also likes doing jigsaw puzzles and I don't.
That could have been written by my husband!

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I always thought that would be the greatest game show ever. Have two huge piles of stuff and see which mom can pack it in her car the most efficient and neatest.
I would so win at this :D

I once moved a full-sized dryer along with pots,pans and house plants in a 2 door CHEVETTE

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
noobiechickenlady said:
A 1996 Toyota Camry will hold 1 bale of pine shavings, 3 50lb bags of feed, a 25 lb bag of DE, 25 cinderblocks, 1 roll of poultry wire, 2' wide & 100' long & 2 60lb bags of concrete mix. Oh and a 6 year old.

Dishwasher tetris! Aidenbaby, I love it :D
I don't think I could get all that in the bed of my Tacoma.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
dacjohns said:
noobiechickenlady said:
A 1996 Toyota Camry will hold 1 bale of pine shavings, 3 50lb bags of feed, a 25 lb bag of DE, 25 cinderblocks, 1 roll of poultry wire, 2' wide & 100' long & 2 60lb bags of concrete mix. Oh and a 6 year old.

* beats chest *

eh.. i could get all that in the back of my F250superduty AND DM's geo to boot. and two more 6 year olds if anybody's got 'em!
;-)

i left an old timer scratchin' his head one time when i went to get a round bale of hay. he asked me how i was gonna get it out of the truck and i just flexed my muscles and told him i was tough. he scoffed.

good thing he didnt see me throw out most of the hay bit by bit (purchased for mulch, on purpose it was ruined) then heave-ho the remaining round core out of the back of the truck...and it promptly rolled down the hill into a gully. dang. it took my all screamin' day to get it out of that ditch...

but my truck hauled it just fine!

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
MorelCabin said:
The only reason people don't know that cars hold so much is cause they've nbever had to try it out! :gig
We always take DH's bass drum in its case when test drive a car. That helps. If the drum doesn't fit we don't want it. We had a salesperson tell us they had people bring two Great Danes to on a test drive once.
I had a 2 door Chevette. I fit everything I owned in my college apartment in it when I moved out!

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
dacjohns said:
noobiechickenlady said:

I'm pretty sure I threw a few sparks off the exhaust pipe :p
Granted, my trunk was empty that day & the 6 year old (DD) had her feet sitting on 2 bags of feed on the ride home, but we made it.

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
Back when The Wife and I were still dating, she had bought this little house in town to fix up. We headed out to Lowes one day for some small stuff. We drove her Honda CRX. While in the store, we decided we needed some 8ft long 2x4's. Got thru the check and was walking out to the parking lot when I said "Oh Sh!t, we drove YOUR car!" :he
She tells me not to worry, they will fit. "Ya right..........." :idunno
By golly don't you know that if you put one end of an 8ft 2x4 on the passengers side floor, and run them diagonal across the passengers compartment so that the other end is just over the left tail light, that you CAN shut the hatch on that little car without breaking the back window!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I will NEVER doubt her again. :love

ducks4you

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Aidenbaby said:
Yeah, I do the same thing too. Hubby used to think he was better at loading the dishwasher than me too. One day he loaded it and there were still a few dishes left. I looked at the dishes, opened the dishwasher, played a little dishwasher tetris and VOILA!! No more dishes on the counter. Hubby was like, "How'd you do that?" Magic. :smack
:yuckyuck
Love it!! I can do the SAME thing--AND, I used to be totally ADDICTED to tetris. I had to quit cold-turkey, so the dishwasher is the only place I can still play it. :gig