Jason closes his journal... Thanks!! I love you!!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
modern_pioneer said:
I just love snow, no rely I love the stuff, rely... I LOVE TO PLOW IT, PUT DOWN SALT TO MELT IT, WATCH IT MELT IN THE SUN, WATCH AS BEET JUICE IS PUT ON THE ROADS TO HELP MELT IT AWAY, I LOVE TO WATCH IT COME AND WATCH IT GO LIKE LICE THAT YOU CAN'T GET RID OF, AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST I HATE SNOW TODAY!!! :barnie

Also folks that go out in it and shouldn't drive because they don't have the correct tires and so forth.... :smack

DINNER!!! :drool
Here ya go friend :hugs Have a happy Tuesday!! :frow

45943_059.jpg

45943_063.jpg

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
WOW!! We got slammed last night with snow, 9 inches in 5 1/2 hours!!!

Dale and I got out last night at about 2200 hrs, and we plowed snow together like professional snow removal team. We did so well, you would have thought we graduated from a snow removal school in Alaska or Russia.. :D

I need to get chains, I almost got stuck a couple times, but managed to get unstuck quickly. I don't remember ever moving as much snow as I did last night. I knew it was snowing, it was coming down pretty good, but I wasn't in any hurry to get out there and get plowing only to have to go out again to remove more snow.

Denny, he lives up on the top of the mountain in his pre-assembled log cabin house, still looks nice, but not cool as a real one. Anyway, he lit a road flare last night and was waving it around like a signal. Dale noticed it and directed my attention to it. So we drove up there in near white out conditions thinking he had an emergency.

When we got up there, he needed us to help him get his truck out so he could go pick up his 22 y/o daughter. Although I could tell he was concerned, he was also angry as he started to rant about how she knew the snow storm was coming and she decided to got to a bar anyway and get drunk.

He was talking about his own safety while driving out in this weather.

One of the problems here is that the roads don't get touched during a storm. There is no sense in using up resources only to have to continue to remove the snow.... So he drove about 7 miles to go get her and bring her to his home. She lives with her SO in town and I am guessing something happened there.

He returned home about an hour later.... I stayed up in case he didn't return at a reasonable time so I could call the troopers.

So we had a record snow fall..... :he

Thanks for the flowers!!! ALthough there is lots of snow, the sun is shinning brightly and that always helps to feel positive thoughts!!! :weee

LovinLife

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
modern_pioneer said:
I just love snow, no rely I love the stuff, rely... I LOVE TO PLOW IT, PUT DOWN SALT TO MELT IT, WATCH IT MELT IN THE SUN, WATCH AS BEET JUICE IS PUT ON THE ROADS TO HELP MELT IT AWAY, I LOVE TO WATCH IT COME AND WATCH IT GO LIKE LICE THAT YOU CAN'T GET RID OF, AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST I HATE SNOW TODAY!!! :barnie

Also folks that go out in it and shouldn't drive because they don't have the correct tires and so forth.... :smack

DINNER!!! :drool
Here ya go friend :hugs Have a happy Tuesday!! :frow

http://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/45943_059.jpg

http://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/45943_063.jpg
Well that's just wrong! :gig

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
Today!!!! :weee

It should be no secret to you guys that the subject matter was for Earth Day!! :frow

You know what is interesting? When you open the door to communicate, you begin to empathize with other people and see thigs from their point of view. Its quite interesting the things you can learn when your mind is open. I know at times I have a very stern position I take, and to be honest, its all relative in keep my life real. I act post with my thoughts and what I see. I know many of you do the same, so these are from our points of view.

In other news, the snow is melting again, my septic system is being repaired as I type, and I don't know what to do about this tom cat that keeps coming here and peeing on my doors/frames... I encouraged my cat to kick out a six pack of whoop claws on him, but she is only violent when she is hunting.... I love her..... she is such a prudy, all about me cat, who will sit with you if you are warmer than every one else in the room...

ETA take stuff out I wasn't supposed to say..

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Wow a film huh??? Sounds cool. Good luck on that can't wait to see how you do.

A tom cat peeing on your door frames? :sick Sounds like you need to try the dog thing again. Maybe a rescue this time? :D

So anything in the cold frame?

g

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
LovinLife said:
I've got a dog that loves to chase cats. You want 'em!!
I have a dog, but the cats have pulled her over to the dark side, I believe they will do this to all dogs. There isn't a cat chasing dog anywhere around these parts.

Peanut, my wifes shadow, loves to watch catdog on nick with the DD when she was younger... That might have something to do with it...

LovinLife

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
modern_pioneer said:
LovinLife said:
I've got a dog that loves to chase cats. You want 'em!!
I have a dog, but the cats have pulled her over to the dark side, I believe they will do this to all dogs. There isn't a cat chasing dog anywhere around these parts.

Peanut, my wifes shadow, loves to watch catdog on nick with the DD when she was younger... That might have something to do with it...
Catdog was such a disturbing cartoon.

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
I see your from Smithfield.... My old stomping grounds... I lived over the bridge there in NN for 20 something years.

That place had gotten so big, and was such a transitional place, my roots were the reason I moved up here. But that city life down there is what pushed me to move here.

I like your neck of the woods, skeeters are bad though. I use to sell in the antique shop there in town, the wife had a booth there. If you look at the start of this journal, you will read where we lived.