Memes That Make You Giggle

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score

meander zone ahead...

i've actually run a manual typewriter, a mimeograph machine, a mainframe computer and an 8mm projector. we even had old home movies and a projector (wow had i forgotten about that until now :) ). i almost got into photography but gladly avoided that, instead it was a chemistry set... a few years later i accidentally blew up a CO2 (baking soda and vinegar and green food coloring) in the kitchen sink and made a mess on the white painted wood ceiling...

gardening is much much easier and i'm not doing anything with chemicals much at all these days. computers have become rather mundane too. even the oven has been rather tame the past 30 years. it's hard to believe we've been in this house nearly that long already.

i avoid power tools as much as i can. they have their places, but i'm not the best person to use them...

breakfast today should be a cookie and some peanuts but i'm not sure i'm going to move that fast or far for a bit yet.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
we used to play with used carbons as kids. i don't remember where we got them from...

I had a bunch of typewriter carbon paper. Needed it in class. Full year of typing was required in 9th grade. All essays had to be typed after first quarter. Might actually have been one of the most useful classes we had. Had to touch type 55 wpm to pass.

Oh had a Barbie fashion plate that you put down the plastic plate, piece of carbon paper, then piece of paper and rolled it through. Had the old fashion plates as well. Mom uses all that with my nieces now.

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My new decals came in just in time. Driving to Ann Arbor early in the morning. Screenshot_20241003_000617_Chrome.jpg

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
I had a bunch of typewriter carbon paper. Needed it in class. Full year of typing was required in 9th grade. All essays had to be typed after first quarter. Might actually have been one of the most useful classes we had. Had to touch type 55 wpm to pass.

Oh had a Barbie fashion plate that you put down the plastic plate, piece of carbon paper, then piece of paper and rolled it through. Had the old fashion plates as well. Mom uses all that with my nieces now.
With two buddies as seniors in high school, took a typing class full of sophomore girls (back when they had curriculum paths, business, college prep, etc) because we were college bound and it made sense. teacher was a cool dude. First day, he took the three of us in the hall to "chat". Told us to sit in the back row, make an effort, don't cause any issues, and LEAVE THE GIRLS ALONE. If we did that, he would guarantee us nothing less than a "B", regardless of our wpm and accuracy scores. We held up our side and he did too. I did manage to legitimately earn an "A-".

Good memories