New *almost* wife recipes/tips/help

hwillm1977

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
tortoise said:
If you want to divide things up, make a list of everything that has to be done and find out what he DOESN'T like to do. Maybe it's something you like to do or don't mind. It doesn't have to be a formal you-do-this-I-do-that list, but a way to find out how your work is most appreciated.
This is a really good idea... for example I LOVE laundry, the smells, the freshness, and folding clothes fresh off the line or out of the dryer makes me happy... my boyfriend HATES laundry, but LOVES dishes (my least favorite chore)... so I do all the laundry, he does the dishes and that works great for us :)

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Thank you guys for everything!! I have been gone with the horse, forgot my laptop, and my BB can view, but not reply.

When I was visiting my 89 yr old grandfather, I was looking through his late wifes cook books and found some good ones from 1940-1960!! I ordered some on Amazon/wrote down some favorites. They are SO simply and something that I can make on my day off, then freeze/refrigerate for the rest of the week.

And I talked to him about chores he doesn't like to do, I like to dust and hate to vacuum, he likes to vacuum and hates dusting. Score!

gettinaclue

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
That's great!! My problem is that I hate all housework LOL. Sometimes I grit my teeth walking in the door LOL

Oh well, all play and no work makes Nikki an obnoxious girl. LOL

...And it's really weird your BB won't let you reply. I can reply on mine but can't use the smileys.

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Uhm hi, I'm dumb, just figured out how to do it lol! I didn't scroll down enough.

Is it may yet?! I can't wait to move into my new house and cook! And make soap! Although SO doesn't want to be part of that...I dislike housework too, except dusting.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
if you like traditional recipes... and i love them... check out my buddy, Drew's blog:

http://cooklikeyourgrandmother.com/blog/

and he has a book too... easy and basic - great food. he's also on the whats-with-the-big-food bandwagon too. i'm trying to turn him into a farmer.. shhhh
;-)

also you can find old copies of The Joy of Cooking at thrift stores and garage sales.. i have 2 from the 1940's

:)