Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yeah. I'm thinking it might be more about the rooster that played a role in her being. Bad rooster= bad chicken= chicken and homemade egg noodles 🤣

Which is why you aren't supposed to use mean roosters for breeding. Too many good ones who can recognize friend from foe and still protect their ladies.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I don't have any roosters. I purchased them from a feed store.

I had got 6 barred rocks from the feed store once that were mean and bullies. Kept trying to kill the silkies, who lived in a different pen. I tried isolation and everything else to break their bad habits. Worked on 4 of them. Had to butcher 2 because they would not stop attacking either me or the silkies.

akroberts

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Today I was weeding in the greenhouse garden when I saw a sweet potato coming up out of the ground and I was concerned, considering this is my first time growing them. I asked for some advice about them and just may very well have found a new vegetable for me. The leaves are edible just as the same as kale and spinach. I might try to find a way to sneak them into other dishes to get my family to eat better 🤣

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i love sweet potatoes (the texture and flavor is a lot like our favorite squash) and they have a lot of nutrition. i've never eaten the leaves. we've only grown them here once (a long time ago) and it was quite a trial to get them harvested from the heavy mostly clay soil we have. i think if i were to try them again i'd have to finish the fencing because the deer would graze them back to nothing.

akroberts

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I just realized that I didn't let anyone know what was going on here. We had an electric issue so the electrician came out today and this wire was supposed to be connected to the box but it wasn't.
1000000106.jpg

Latest posts