Old picture of my grandfather and his beloved chickens (maybe)

dreamweaver

Power Conserver
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
That's a great picture. Where was it taken? Alabama as well? Was he of German decent?

Just wondering.

gina
Yes, it was taken in Fayette County, Alabama. No, not German ancestors, but French. I'm going to try to figure out what year that was if I can. I have tons of old pictures like that, they came to me when my mother died a few years ago and she was pretty good about writing names and dates on the back, but not on these particular two. There aren't a lot of him alone like that. I heard stories about a mule he had, but can't remember the name or any of the story. I just know he really, really liked animals. I would advise folks to write on the backs of pictures for future generations. Of course now, I have so many stored on external hard drives and jumpdrives.

hoosier

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
That is a great picture! What a treasure

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
You know I often wonder if in the future our kids will even be able to open the photos I have saved on disk.. It kinda freaks me out and makes me want to print everything. And thats a ton. I do have albums of our family vacations for the past few years. But everything else is digital..

gina

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I hate to tell you, but the disks will become obsolete...I'd go thru them and print a least some of the favorate ones

Jamsoundsgood

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'm sure that some genius person (hopefully related to me) will come up with a neat little doohickey that converts all of our digitally stored information to whatever it is that they use in the future. That's what I'm counting on. That is btw a really awesome picture!