Our dog got a rat! UPDATE on current tally

old fashioned

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Now he's tired.....and curled in my lap. I'll give him a little rest & send him out again. He is so spoiled, but atleast he's finally earning his keep.

Aidenbaby

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'm impressed. I've got 3 mousers (cats) and I've never seen that amny bodies in that short a time. My "mousers" are also adept in getting prairie dogs.

Scooby has been rewarding himself from what you've written. LOL :D

Jamsoundsgood

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
So, where's the picture? and I think I just added Jack Russells to my short list of someday dogs. ;)

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
My dog was good today, too! Killed a big rat just an hour ago. Check it out on my kidding thread....pics later. I can't download them either, but dh does it for me.

Yep, those boys earned themselves some serious lap time, didn't they??? And extra smooches! Once the rat breath fades, that is... :lol:

old fashioned

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Free-------that's awesome! Yep, the dogs deserve extra special attention for the good jobs they did! I'll skip the smoochies tho :gig

As for pics, I can download from the camera to the computer. I just can't figure out how the heck to get them from there to here in a post. I need the "browse" button to attach it & there isn't one.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
My half Husky/half German Shepherd got a rat this last winter with some help from her "dumb brother". This rat was in our woodpile and so kept dodging from side to side and under one log or the next. It was really funny watching Cassie try to tell Sirius where to stand so that she could get the rat. Lots of bites were doled out and a great many growls, but she finally got her rodent.

Some dogs just seem to "get it" and others well... currently he is in the basement barking at the thunder. :/

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My kitty katty, Accio has never caught rats because we haven't had them at the house but the barn kitties devoured a nest of them in the barn LOL. They also took out 3 weasels, some voles, and a gigantic bird.

Accio's record however, one fine evening he had 10 mice dead in the house. We haven't seen any mice since, but now we have voles LOL.