reCaps - pour spouts for mason jars

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:yuckyuck
I know what you mean. I felt like that when I read that there were screw on lids for storage use that were for mason jars. My little local market only has the wide mouth, but I found some regular mouth ones on Amazon.

I wonder how long those things had been available before I knew about 'em. :lol:

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
~gd said:
ORChick said:
~gd said:
I have about a dozen of the old style that fit on the wire bale type mason jars [the kind that use a rubber ring for a seal.] The most unique one is a early sippy cup top.
I didn't know about those; any chance for a picture?
NOPE I worked professionally with film for five years. Then came the electronic crap. I gave away my equipment and havent taken a picture in years. Crazy Right?
Too bad, it would have been nice to know what they look like just in case I ever run across one at a thrift store. But, being somewhat phobic of new technology myself I certainly can't blame anyone else for being the same :lol:
~gd, I think you must have a very interesting life - you give out snippets of all the jobs you've had (film, vinegar, laundry detergent, and I'm sure there was more). Makes one want to read your journal - which I don't believe you have written yet ;)

Emerald

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Oh and if you keep the mayo jar lids and pop a real mason jar flat in them they work great for jams and stuff too.. regular mouth size. I wish I could take credit but my aunt had her lids from the cheese on jars in her fridge.

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
ORChick said:
~gd said:
ORChick said:
I didn't know about those; any chance for a picture?
NOPE I worked professionally with film for five years. Then came the electronic crap. I gave away my equipment and havent taken a picture in years. Crazy Right?
Too bad, it would have been nice to know what they look like just in case I ever run across one at a thrift store. But, being somewhat phobic of new technology myself I certainly can't blame anyone else for being the same :lol:
~gd, I think you must have a very interesting life - you give out snippets of all the jobs you've had (film, vinegar, laundry detergent, and I'm sure there was more). Makes one want to read your journal - which I don't believe you have written yet ;)
Well I started off as a modern Sharecropper on an old Fashioned farm we heated and cooked on wood stoves. With an ice house a smoke house and wind turbines to pump water for the stock. Horses, cattle sheep pigs all kinds of poultry, and rabbits .Pops I forgot to mention the outhouse the bee yard and the dovecote. MY father was smart he saw WWII coming and bought a team of draft horses / When the war started he put the tractor up on blocks and used his gas ration to do trucking for the neighbors [who had laughed at him when he bought the team Shortly after I was born the power lines went through and we had power to the house but not to the rest of the farm. To shorten the story he raised 4 of us and we all got college degrees. He said we could do whatever we wanted but if we took up farming for a living he would boot our rears. Yes I had a lot of experience but it is late maybe some other time. The main reason I hang around is because I lived a SS life and it was not as nice as a lot of you think! ~Gd` Next day nobody has posted so I can add to the story... Went to a central school a grand total of 41 in my Class bored out of my mind most of the time and I was ranked 7th in my class [but 5 of the ones above me were FFA types. I used to bug the powers that were because I would coast along with a B average but would score higher than their best students on tests like the SATs or National Merit. I liked taking tests, but the classroom bored me to the point that I was taking naps. I took the navy ROTC exam but lost that Scholarship because the physical showed a defect that could be fixed by an operation. Got it fixed but still missed the boat for the Scholarship. I was also an alternate for a free ride at any NY State University. Waited that summer for something to break My way but as the deadline for a special Navy deal got close I folded and joined the Navy [scored perfect on the entrance exam] 7days later I was notified that I got the NY Scholarship and my draft board sent a failure to file for the draft notice to me in Boot Camp!
Got out and got a job as a lab assistant in Kodak's research lab, got my first patent there. After a year there my boss sat me down and told me my talents were wasted there and told me that they wanted me to go to college. I still had the NY Scholarship plus the GI bill so they didn't offer me money but a summer job for good pay. Well I didn't go To Woodstock I wasn't into hippy music or culture. But spent 5 summers in the photo division where I could sign out anything from an instamatic to a 70mm professional movie camera with free film and development. {oh yes I was also on the XXXmailing list for all those pictures that were 'inappropriate' All those nude pictures that people would shoot before 'sexing' was invented. These were a big hit back at school where I was known as the dirty old man Heck I was 5 years older than most and I had a huge stash of dirty pictures. It is scary the number of girls that wanted to become women with a nerdy guy that they thought was experienced [I wasn't]
When I finished college Kodak was in Hard times and didn't have a job for me There was a A&P Plant [A&P was once the largest supermarket chain in the world] We made Private label detergents [all types, powder, liquid auto dish, floor and window] Drugs, cosmetics, Insecticides, canned pet food and Misc human foods [includes Vinegar] I seem to have a habit of picking losing companies because 13 years later they were sold off to a German outfit. Because of my broad experience I was approached by a small Biotech company I Was the only one that didn't have Dr. with my name. Our product was a childhood vaccine {which we pretty much wiped out] a real crap shoot that was a winner for me. About every 5 years we were bought out by a bigger firm. After 30 years I heard who was trying to buy us the biggest Big Parma so I took my pension and retired.