Rescue Hedgehog

Gizelle

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I have just found a hedgehog in a hole full of water. Clearly it had fallen through the overgrown grass and couldn't get back out again. I have no idea how long it has been there, It is still moving, though not quite running away. It seems to be shivering so I have put it under our heat-lamp that we use for lambs and such.
I've read that they shouldn't get too wet, which is why I'm worried about it's getting cold. It hasn't eaten anything, or drunk. But it probably won't until it's warmed up.
Thoughts?

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sounds like you're doing what you can...we only see those in pet shops here -- and not often.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i didn't even see this when it happened. i know nothing about them as they are not in this area and i've never seen a live one other than on the internet.

curious how it went... :)

Gizelle

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
It went fine actually. I put her/him(?) in a cardboard crate under the lamp and she warmed up and kept crawling out. The next day, she was so desperate to escape, I put her in our garden which is over run with slugs. She didn't stay there but I'm pretty sure she's the one who's outside the door every night!

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It went fine actually. I put her/him(?) in a cardboard crate under the lamp and she warmed up and kept crawling out. The next day, she was so desperate to escape, I put her in our garden which is over run with slugs. She didn't stay there but I'm pretty sure she's the one who's outside the door every night!

Glad it went well