Reusable Canning Jar Lids

sufficientforme

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Search tattler lids on here and you will see many responses. YES they work and work well! If you "like" them on FB or twitter they notify you of sales (usually 10% off) etc.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I haven't used them much yet but bought the 168 (I think) package and a few extra rings. I'm happy so far but the next canning session will tell. I plan on buying more since with the plastic lids I'll be able to store all my filled jars in the damp cellar without fear of the lids rusting out, which will solve my storage issue.

VickiLynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I like them. I have re-used some 3 and 4 times with no problems so far. A few got a pinkish stain from tomato sauce that didn't wash off, but no biggee for me.

Boogity

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
It appears that the rubber rings are not available by themselves. Does that mean the rubber rings are indefinitely reusable, too?

Rebbetzin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I haven't tried any "new-fangled" lids yet.

But... couldn't help posting this cute little fellow.

SmilieinJar.gif

VickiLynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
You can re-use the rubber rings. They get a little indentation from being held tight to the edge of the jar, and the directions say to flip them the next time you use them, so the indent is away from the jar. They are good for several uses.