Tattler Reusable Canning Lids?

VickiLynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I used the Tattler lids last summer, and they worked well for me. I have used some of them a second time and had no problems. I think it will be worth the extra cost since I don't have to buy new lids every year. I really bought them because I didn't like using the metal lids since I found out they are coated with PBA, and it can leach into the food.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
And what are the Tattlers made out of???

I have such a stock of metal flats it will be years before I run out.

I bought cases when they went on clearance one year at WM.

I'll let you guys test them for a couple years I guess.

;)
g

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
i_am2bz said:
You might want to check out their website, http://www.reusablecanninglids.com/

They claim that no one has returned a lid for failing in years (30?). Looks like some kind of plastic, but BPA-free.
Thanks for posting that - I see the Ohio supplier is one of our favorite day-tripping destinations. One more excuse to head to central Ohio with the family!!!!

Bethanial

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I haven't tried them - yet, but they say the only thing you'll (eventually) need to replace is the rubber gasket, and they do sell those separately. I don't have a pressure canner yet, so I can't can leftover soups, etc, quite yet :(

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have them...and LOVE them! I have used them in the pressure canner...meats, sauces, veggies...not a problem. Well....I DID have a few of the gaskets slip and not seal...but I think that was my fault, trying to rush the canning process. :rolleyes: You know...the last batch, your tired, and just want to get finished for the day? :/
I have 3 dozen of the wide mouth, and 3 dozen of the regulars...really...worth it.!! AND, the people there are a DREAM to work with! My initial order was for the wide mouth lids. My package came...and they were all regulars. :rolleyes: So I called them...and the woman there told me they would ship out my wide mouth lids, and a new shipping label...anbd would I please just put the new label on the others, and return them. OK, a little inconvienient...but do-able. When my new package arrived..there was a small hand written note on a post it ...that said they were sorry for the mix up, and that I was welcomed to KEEP the regular lids, or feel free to "gift " them to someone. How nice! I will be ordering more...to eventually not useing the metal ones ever again!

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
That's good to know, justusnak...the guy I heard talk on the radio sounded like down-to-earth "good people"...:). I'm happy to support a company that cares about customer service, especially if they have an excellent product. :D

Sunny

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I just found this thread.

Thought I would bring it back to the top again. That way other people who have tried them can chime in.

Or for others that have never heard of them.

Ive heard about them. But havent tried them yet...

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I got one of each from the company (samples) to try and liked them. Also based on experiences here, I ordered 244 reg mouth and will order the same again in a few weeks. Based on how high the metal lids are going, it is more and more worth getting these. It takes fewer uses for them to pay for themselves. I got a few extra rubber rings and I can just see those going down the garbage disposal or getting lost with the daily opening of canning jars here.