the little wild kingdom

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
at the last minute Mom wanted tomatoes picked to give away. most of what are out there now are cracked or marked and starting to spoil, so not tomatoes i would want to give to someone else. but i managed to find enough tomatoes to get most of a bucket picked and they weren't too dirty since the rains we had were gentle and didn't splash much dirt. it worked out in the end, all gone through, washed and dried and ready to go by the time she wanted to leave.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yesterday was a day off of pretty much everything. i did get a great massage (2hrs and she works hard), i almost fell asleep three times, so i took that as a hint when i got home i almost was able to nap but the phone was making noises... so that didn't go very far.

today is back to bean shelling and sorting as it will be too wet out there to pick.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yesterday i finished picking through the last planted gardens for dry bean pods that were ready. with our heavy dewfalls they are still pretty damp even into the afternoon and i have to bring them in to dry. i spread them out on box tops, flats, etc. and then stir or turn them over once or twice a day. once they get dry enough i can combine them into one paper bag and they can then sit there until i get them shelled out.

it's hard this time of the year to get outside things done and also to not get shelling beans inside because i can easily lose a few hours without noticing it happening when shelling out beans. it's like Christmas and opening presents, hard to stop at just one.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
sort of free if you don't cost the time, tools, etc... but i'd rather be doing this than most anything else (or i'd certainly be doing that instead! :) ).

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i had to opologize to Mom for getting annoy at her this morning. she said she didn't notice. lol

we're not really compatible in the kitchen and it is better if she can do her thing and make a big mess and then just go away and let me clean up. this morning we were trying to do things together and how she does things is very annoying to me in that she is not very efficient and then also undoes what i'm in the middle of trying to do. it also makes a big difference to me in how things are all piled in the sink together and if she wouldn't do that it could cut my time in half or more because when you pile stuff in the sink then one mess becomes even more messes underneath on things that may have not been that bad to begin with (why make it worse!? arrggg! :) :) :) ). if i can convince her to just leave it all out or off to the side then i can deal with it in the proper order. note, my way is perfect so she must obey (like that will happen... ? nope. not a chance... :) ).

well at least we are ready (two dinners in one day plus cooking for others and another dinner in a few days and in the meantime i'm annoyed that i can't get my own stuff done because i'm having to spend too much time inside doing things i don't really want to be doing right now... (yes, i know, i'm spoiled rotten. smite me...).

the overall stress i'm running into now i know what it is, that i do need down time off my feet and i can't really sit as much either as today is going to make me sit or stand so i'm going to be a bit grumpy about it unless i can find a way to work off some steam - writing is my way to do that...)...