the little wild kingdom

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
they've been out back at the neighbors redigging the pond, but it sure has been a lot of noise the past few days and it seems like a lot more digging going on than just the pond.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
it was much easier yesterday for getting a garden put up. spent about a half hour weeding through it to make sure it was clear of potential seed droppers - it was in pretty good condition since i'd just been through it the past few weeks and it hadn't rained much. still a lot of thistles popping up all over, but i got them all. i also did some picking of what dry pods were left so those are ready to be shelled out some rainy day.

then right down the middle i raked back the bean plants and dug a trench and then raked all the garden debris into the trench. only saw one worm in there. all the worms are hiding as we've not really had much rain the past few months. as i was filling in the trench Mom was bringing me stuff that she was getting out of the daylilies nearby. so after distributing all that through the trench i walked on it and packed some of it down, but i left a little along the edge poking up so it will give worms a trail all the way down to the bottom if they want to follow it. i also did not fill the trench in all the ways as i want to move some of the dirt from that one garden into a low spot in another garden next to it so why move dirt twice? i'll have to wait for that though because i'm not done yet getting the stuff out of that garden or weeding and picking through it but that should happen sometime next week if the weather cooperates.

pretty much chugging along. :) the weather yesterday was perfect, not too hot and a nice breeze. chances of rain tonight and tomorrow. some nights now forecast to get down to the mid 30sF for next week so that may be a chance for frosts. most days mid-60sF and sunny. perfect weather for working outside and getting gardens put up or other heavier tasks now that it is cooler. at last... :) better take advantage of it too since we may only get a week of fall.

today i mostly need to get more dry beans picked from the last few gardens that were planted - that will take an hour or two.