WHAT ARE YOU CANNING TODAY?

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I volunteered at the county fair yesterday. I have four more slots to go.

Anyhoo, we were intaking the canning and preserving that people were dropping off. There are 12 pages of rules, some of which I think the participants didn't read. Oh well, we were there to help guide them, and to fill out the numerous pages and tags.

I had a good time with like minded ladies. And I can't wait to wander around to see the other exhibits, such as photography, sewing, quilting, flowers, baking and more.
That sounds like fun

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
It was, Hinotori! Have you ever volunteered at a fair? There were 100's of people working there. Carneys, we used to call them. Setting up the big rides. And then the rest of the crew getting all the barns and halls ready.

I had no idea, what the workings in the back ground were!!

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Volunteered at Fair.jpg

Thats me on the right at the front table, in the black teeshirt. Along that black curtain are four judges. They are there for four days, long shifts, judging every single jar. They are trained and they are paid.

Submissions ended yesterday; today is last minute cleanup, presentation and final judges decisions on the top three.

Fair starts tomorrow and I'll be there at 9 to volunteer. Don't know what I'll do, but it'll be good!