What did you do in your garden today?

akroberts

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We can all see that your pants are on fire! 😆 🤣

Lucky you, was up all night and it began around 230am steady tiny flakes.
View attachment 25786Pixie stepped out and turned right back in, lol Have been cleaning the bathtub during the day. At least she knows to jump in and take care of business. Wish she could just use the toilet. She's in the bathroom already, right,lol
The girls came out while I grabbed eggs. View attachment 25787
And then my only leghorn left, decided to pull a mighty stunt.
View attachment 25788
I have no clue but I'm not responsible for your brain trying to figure out how she laid on top of the other eggs,🤯
She was working with hoodini

akroberts

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My garden is doing good. I got almost everything planted late. Been dealing with a lot of what I call MOMI. It's my way of saying my own mental issues.🤣 My corn has about 25-30 ears on it and my crookneck squash has already given me 4 nice size squash. I don't know if I will get enough of anything though this year because after all the other stuffs I have been dealing with 2 days ago my dad passed away. I haven't wanted to anything since. Today I did get out to the store and taco truck bc a neighbor said that she would love to have the squash. I did get the chickens fed and water. Still gotta get the garden and my pitbull water and get her some food. Happy gardening everyone

Nomadicus

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I finally got my 3.5 gallon stainless steel sprayer that will not wear out the first week I use it. Our beans, tomatoes, and sweet corn have been and still are being eaten alive. Buts have been getting better fed than we have.

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
@akroberts so sorry for your loss. But yes you need to get back on the saddle and keep on riding.
i have been picking up the debris and checking on church families. Some places it was devastating and some are still out of power. Tomorrow, today the church is gathering to go out in the community but as you can see, i will not be awake in time. Besides, i still have lots to do in my yard. I did tried to lift the tomatoes, peppers and corn which is the only thing this year. I still have somebeans and carrots that need to plant but not sure if I should.
I have a very stupid question that I gave an answer to it but it made me think 🤔
If weeds get pulled but not collected, will they revive? Told the hub they did so he will get them out to the compost but now I am second guessing, would it be true?

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It's unusual because....If covered in a pile to compost, the heat will generally kill them. If pulled and laid out, the hot sun will dry them, they die. A piece of root still in ground? That rascal will grow to aggravate us 🤨

Had plans for garden yesterday, didn't happen. Hoping today it can. But 90s & high humidity make it questionable -- yesterday was better but crap happens. Tractor needs maintenance first.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
My garden is doing good. I got almost everything planted late. Been dealing with a lot of what I call MOMI. It's my way of saying my own mental issues.🤣 My corn has about 25-30 ears on it and my crookneck squash has already given me 4 nice size squash. I don't know if I will get enough of anything though this year because after all the other stuffs I have been dealing with 2 days ago my dad passed away. I haven't wanted to anything since.

aww... :(

Today I did get out to the store and taco truck bc a neighbor said that she would love to have the squash. I did get the chickens fed and water. Still gotta get the garden and my pitbull water and get her some food. Happy gardening everyone

gardening is my happy place. :)

hang in there! :hugs