What did you do in your garden today?

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
more rains last night, let's me know how my water works are sorting out with the garden i'm in now. i still need to reshape it some and get it planted but at least now this part is weeded and the edge is mostly put back down. i still need to work on the next section of that edge and also weed the rest of the entire garden but i want to get this front part reshaped and planted first before i move on to the next because it is what we see the most of since it is closer to the house.

good chance the deer will eat most of it anyways.

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Yes, more rain but not heavy last night and this morning. So, I weeded around. For some reason no pictures can be uploaded. It tell me file too big and they are the same as usual.
I don't know the name of the different weeds but one is known as crab grass if it helps.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Maybe tonight. Just tooooo hot! 93, feel like 101. Says 50% humidity. I'm thinking more like 80...it's a sauna out there! 🥵
It's warm outside... But it is summer afterall.
Screenshot_20240629_152608_Gallery.jpg

LaurenRitz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I let one of my 30 week cockerels join the girls yesterday. He'll be going to my sister's house tonight. Watermelons are sprawling. Melons are struggling. Dry beans ripening. Still have 3 baby almond trees and an apricot in the new garden area.

The last of the pumpkins are dead. I'll wait a few weeks and plant more in the woodchips. They were all infested with squash bugs but they all died at the same time and squash bugs wouldn't have caused that. I think they were killed by heat and drought--I haven't watered them at all and the temps were up into the low hundreds.

Once I mow the flax I'll plant more beans, both dry and green, since they seem to be doing best in the clay.

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well, did some more weeding around. I had to cut the oregano almost to nothing. It was way over grown as well as the cilantro. Leaves too small and flowering too quickly.
So, I planted some dill seeds to see what happens. Then while cooking notice an onion had a big sprout and also the garlic. So, put them in beds, lol about 16 cloves of garlic to see what happens. The onion was a big red one. Haven't clue but worse case it will not do anything but rot in the ground, lol

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Drip system still not operational, even tho he's been working on it for weeks, off and on. I went down to the garden and had to manually moisten all the soil around the seedlings cus any water sprinkled on them, doesn't go down even a 1/4". I've lost some of my seedlings due to lack of water. :he

I do have some back up seedlings still in the Costco Yardistry greenhouse I got a couple of months ago.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm ready to go get mulch from lower shed to finish mulch on tomatoes. Started yesterday, tractor said no. Concerned but worked on it today. Greased, oiled, worked on -- no metal bits in fluids, so bearings good...greased them. Seems a stuck brake linkage as that clean out fixed it. Couple hrs🤷😁. Happy nothing more serious.

So mulch, change out attachments and re-till.

Attachments are my hate thing --- heavy!! Never agreeable to handle/connect.

@murphysranch can't you work on the drip lines? I learned a loooong time ago, depend on yourself! I leave the drip hoses in several long rows, connect regular hose to whichever row needs the water. Couple areas I use a sprinkler that goes back & forth. 🤷 My simple solution.

@FarmerJamie oddly -- my black sweets have a couple ready, too. None of the others yet.