What did you do in your orchard today?

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
This springs grafted cherries and pears are doing well. Meaning I've been a good baby sitter. I already gave a cherry and pear away.
Screenshot_20240918_235728_Gallery.jpg

Also fig starts I potted in coffee cans a week ago are putting on new leafs. Even the hardy chicago that had yellow leaves when I recieved it have turned dark green and I noticed it is breaking a new leaf bud. I don't expect much above soil growth from them, having getting them started so late. I'm more focused on establishing healthy roots. Growing with come next season when I transplant them into bigger pots.
Screenshot_20240918_235808_Gallery.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ ✝️

R2elk

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Just wanted to let everyone know Fedco Trees is now taking orders. Rootstocks, scionwood and pre-grafted bare root trees and other plants. They have a good selection this year and seems they are ramping up their disease-resistant apple cultivars, for us in the midwest and southern states. I was waiting for them to open so I could order pre-grafted sweet cherries, I need as pollinating partners.

Couple interesting plant maps, that may help someone, not at all comprehensive though :)
View attachment 27110
View attachment 27111

Jesus is Lord and Christ ✝️
Speaking of Fedco, their Garfield Plantation Cherry is currently available.

Latest posts