What did you do in your orchard today?

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I got 2 originally. One winter killed the first winter. The other grew poorly until it froze back the same winter I had -27°F in early November followed by a major January thaw followed by -20°F temps followed by a major February thaw again followed by -20°F temps. It was the same year that killed mature Russian Elm trees.

When it came back from the roots, it grew much better than it had before. It is now about 20' tall but hasn't produced that well here. Too many late frosts. It will do better in an area that is not as inhospitable to fruit trees as here.

The Garfield Plantation cherries sold by Fedco are on their own roots and can grow into full sized trees. .The cherry is different than most tart cherries and is not fully red when ripe. They do have shades of yellow on the cherries and are tasty.

In hindsight I probably should have went with Garfield Plantation, then I could propagate and sell them without the permission from the trademark holder.

Surecrop is protected via trademark "Stark® Surecrop™ Pie Cherry Tree from Stark Bro’s"

While I can propagate trademarked fruit trees, I must respect the trademark holder’s rights and not use the trademarked name or label the resulting plants.

Jesus is Lord and Christ ✝️

Latest posts