What's for dinner?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
For dinner last night I brined some pork chops. I've brined chicken and turkey but had never done pork before. I've gotta say DH and I enjoyed them. I'm terrible about drying out porkchops so this really helped keep them moist. I chunked up some fresh veggies and put everything in a roasting pan. The veggies cooked under the pork chops and soaked up all the pork chop goodness, lol. It was tasty and we'll enjoy it again tonight.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I've never had goat, unless when I was in India or Thailand I ate some without being told.

Goat is amazingly hard to find. Lamb used to be but most stores carry it now. Rabbit is impossible unless you go to a butcher shop. Rabbit can be passed off for chicken if you're trying to sneak it to people.

Pheasant is still my favorite fowl. I have a lot of cockerels from my last silkie hatch that I need to pare down. I think I'll butcher 16-20 weeks to try frying them. Usually I wait 6-9 months and soup them. Hmm. The whitish cockerel will be kept with the large fowl, but he just is turning 16 week. Think I'll go feel up his muscles to see how much to expect.