What's for dinner?

Simpleterrier

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Rice pudding recipe please I usually make mine from raw rice cooking in milk for an hr. I don't like precooked rice in water as well so if like to know your recipe to try

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Rice pudding recipe please I usually make mine from raw rice cooking in milk for an hr. I don't like precooked rice in water as well so if like to know your recipe to try

the recipe i like the best is a custard (milk, eggs, sugar) based one that Mom used to make when i was a kid. now she doesn't make that version any more but i have fond memories. basically you make a custard recipe and add rice and raisins and then bake it on low as long as it takes to get the rice done and the custard to set. i like it firm and somewhat dry (which is a surprise because most things i want them to be more like a swamp of butter or gravy or more juicy) so i don't cover it. also i like a lot of nutmeg on mine. let me know when it's ready. :)

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
today turned out good for a change of pace we pulled a few containers from the freezer and so i had half of the spaghetti and meatball container and put some pepper chunks on it before nuking it. 3 minutes out of the freezer and still slightly frozen did get the noodles back in reasonable shape. i don't really consider this gourmet fare but it is acceptable and i was hungry. the peppers really gave it some welcome vegetables that were fresh and tasty. strawberries and whipped cream again.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@Simpleterrier -- I don't have a recipe. I pour the milk into the rice, add sugar, vanilla....heat up, add a little cornstarch slurry, let it cook until thick as I want it. 🤷

Had pork chop, baby green lima beans and fried apples for dinner. Yum. I'm stuffed! Leftover apples for breakfast 👍 maybe a couple biscuits to go with -- cold again tonight, so I'll heat up with baking in morn.