Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Good Morning all!
about to make a 1/2 pot of fresh coffee for all us early birds
FH talked to the MoH last night, he changed the time to accommodate her being able to do the hair for the ladies so she agreed to remain MoH. He also told her the next time anything comes up about the wedding to call HIM first. The thing that got me was we have been saying along this whole entire process what time the ceremony was at and out of the blue all of a sudden she makes a big fuss UMMMM where the heck has she been during previous convo that she didn't know the time. To me it feels like it was a major change seeing how all invites have already gone out and reply cards are back.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So now, ALL guests have to be contacted?! For MoH....not great. Suppose some of them have issues? Other plans. Another hairdresser was far easier IMO. It's sure the route i'd have gone! But it's YOUR wedding, not mine 😂🥰.

It's a sunny day here. Humid after all the rains and they're saying expect 92* today. 😳😳 Might turn AC on before I go to work. 🤔 Otherwise won't be able to sleep tonight and that isn't good. Need to work tomorrow. Oh, yeah, more rains tonight & tomorrow. Cooling for weekend. Crazy weather!

Better finish this cuppa & get going.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Beautiful spring day outside today, at least how it looks from my office. Enjoying listening to the bird calls through the open window.

May end the workday early
Glad for you :) I adore sunshine. However we are under tornado watch #2 in less than 24 hours. If we didn't get enough rain last night more is being sent now. It was clear skies and sunny this morning, birds were loving it. I got my sunshine fix, but now it's soggy bottom boys.

"I'm just a simple guy, I live from day to day. A ray of sunshine melts my frown and blows my blues away. There's nothing more that I can say but on a day like today. I pass the time away and walk a quiet mile with you."

Jesus is Lord and Christ ✝️

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Was it someone on here who mentioned within the last year about the phone calls from the Medicare Advantage provider who wanted to do the annual phone call/video call? Hubs and I did them two times in the last two years, and are being bombarded now for a new call for this calendar year.

My experience with Wellcare by Healthnet (my advantage program) is that the person had no idea of my health history, who my PPO provider was, and was only asking me questions. She wouldn't even make a suggestion when I asked her three times about a womans' annual health exam.

Now hubs comes in with the phone on his ear; he's being asked questions he can't remember anymore; they didn't know our PA's office address; and more. They wouldn't talk to me so I told him to hang up.

Thoughts?
Switch to a plan where they don’t call with stupid questions.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@baymule most plans call to set these online visits to make $$. They bill medicare & get pd. They get no billings for me as I have no dr visits, in person or otherwise. So only a monthly premium is earned. Dental, vision, OTC is use. But it's there if I need it. :old

Yes, they call me to set a virtual, I decline. May bite me one day but, I'll use an urgent care. :lol:

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Switch to a plan where they don’t call with stupid questions.

good luck with that! :)

i just tell them that Mom is fine (she is), but also that if she needs something they'll get the usual claim from a doctor. Mom does not want to talk to or see anyone otherwise.

we know it is how they make their $.

what this should tell you about the state of the medical insurance companies and how much extra $ they are wasting with all the advertizing and duplicated paperwork and such is why insurance costs so much, etc. etc. well i'll let you ponder on that...