2023 Resolutions

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have a resolution to add.
Get better organized so I can grab important items, making it easier and faster to load up and run from fire. Also to make a list, room by room, of everything in the house in case of total destruction.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Video. Save onto a disc, safe place. Easier.
I made a list before with description, serial numbers, purchase price or what it’s worth price. Video doesn’t get all that in there.

House flooded once due to busted water pipe. Insurance adjuster was amazed when I brought out my itemized list.

I took pictures of every room so at least I’d have that, while I was making preparations to leave. Fortunately the firefighters got the fire out.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Well now, years ago I had started a low carb recipe collection. Over the years, all kinds of recipes were printed off and stuffed in the binder. Mostly by the wife

Been asking the wife to sort through and group the recipes (low carb vs not, breakfast items, desserts, etc.) for a while now. Got her on task yesterday.

Long story short, mission accomplished, a little more clutter defeated

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Not home declutter, but the volunteer gig. Long story short, we have consolidated 6 locations of stuff combined between the two groups, my group in existence for 35 years. This was our third pass through the accumulated pile. First pass we threw out the obvious-damaged gear, outdated paperwork, and started consolidation of like stuff into totes and placing on shelving. Second pass continued the sorting and consolidation, although one of the crew was questioning everything we were tossing. Years of hoarding stuff "just in case we need it" really slowed us down. At our first meeting after that, I was called a "machine" for my mechanical deliberate approach for evaluation to discard.

Yesterday two of us attacked the collective pile again. Threw out the "keep just in case" stuff after closer examination-stuff that was usable, but damaged. Lots of old totes, thin walled, cracked, crumpled, etc (Still usable!!!) gone. Replaced with heavy duty totes all of the same type for easy stacking.

Actually got things down to a manageable level where we can actually inventory the important stuff.

The new second in command has OCD bad. He said yesterday as we were leaving, he felt much better about the status. We have tossed almost 2 8x8 dumpsters full of stuff so far.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
OH!!!!!!!!!!! Tell us when or if or if it doesn't happen!!
The action has started, involves bringing a legal action. Recipient refused accepting first attempt at official communications. The actions I am pursuing may be a sub optimal end result, but it will be resolved.

Last edited:

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
More decluttered today. Kids' rooms are done. TV/craft room is good-enough - still needs organization/cleaning.

My kids messed up my studio, so I need to go through it carefully to get the space functional.

I'm attempting to organize and label one space per day. I haven't done that yet today.