2023 Resolutions

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Not my declutter, but the wife's. Her sisters decided they need to take a whack at going through their dad's stuff and clearing out things. He is basically okay with - lots of mice damage and dust. Wife has acknowledged its not practical to lug her stuff up here, only to have someone lug it back down to her nieces when she passes. She is struggling with the "finality" of it and shared it feels like the loss when she found out her stuff in storage had gotten wet and was covered in black mold.

Another day in the ongoing saga. *sigh*

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
while i have used storage places a few times in my life i'm pretty much convinced that for many people a storage unit is just a way to throw things out while still paying someone else to keep them.
To clarify, the wife's issue was in a back room of her apartment that she used for storage. Her daddy's situation is his house attic.

Sometimes (in my case), using rented storage was needed to vacate the house so it could be sold during the divorce. It took me a while to find a place with space beyond the little apartment I was living in

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
To clarify, the wife's issue was in a back room of her apartment that she used for storage. Her daddy's situation is his house attic.

Sometimes (in my case), using rented storage was needed to vacate the house so it could be sold during the divorce. It took me a while to find a place with space beyond the little apartment I was living in

oh yes, for sure they can have their legitimate uses short-term (and i've done that myself a few times) but it seems that a fair number of units are eventually abandoned and auctioned off or circumstances change where the person can't get back to get their stuff.

there was at least one period of time when i was living out of my car, car camping, tent camping, travelling, etc. no need to have an apartment at that time until i found a place i wanted to explore further.

Last edited:

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
What ya all think of this place? Potential? :lol:

Screenshot_20230913-163647_Facebook.jpg