2024 Resolutions

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I purged a tote worth of clothes from my basement. I got most of the stuff cleared off the basement floor last week! 💪

I haven't dropped off donations or trash yet so the rest of my house looks like my basement used to 😅

I'm getting close to my goal of having my upstairs and basement both clean-enough at the same time.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Moment of clarity. We have a buyer for the pool. I am draining it now, he comes tomorrow morning to take it down and away.

The wife and I had to run a few errands this afternoon, she was talking nonstop about the patio, firepit, and furniture.

She started sending me photos.

Something in my brain crackled. I told her I was not going to participate in any discussions about patio stuff until we can get the car in the garage.

We're going to see how this goes
Not going well with this approach. We went out tonight to Menards. I wanted to get a visual image of sizes...like 28" or 36" firepit... so I understand what I need to do with the sand before the dirt arrives.

Again, for understanding size options, looked at canopies, pavers, and landscape blocks. We have no plans written down or sketched out. I am trying to process all of this. Finally after 20 minutes of "what about this color" , I gave up and said I was overwhelmed and had enough tonight.

It felt like picking out curtains to buy when you don't even have the type of windows decided upon. This is going to wipe me out mentally.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
1. Go to bed at 9/9:15 pm. Everything else seems to depend on this.

Health goals
1. Maintain 120 - 130#. I'm right at the top of this range, and I'd like to be in the middle. However, if I gain muscle mass, this weight goal is meaningless. Instead, I would switch to staying in size 6/size small clothes.
2. Several small goals relating to gaining muscle mass, bone mass, and mobility. Won't list them individually, but I have a detailed list of things to do.

Budget goals - Many small goals that add up to "spend less money". Closely related to budget- manage my schedule better

Parenting goals - many here too, gotta get kids to do what they're told. Build on the foundation of wake/sleep routine from 2023.

General to-do list-
Paint garden shed
Paint chicken coop
Paint west side of barn
Stain deck
Paint kids' bedrooms
Make drapes for primary bedroom (started in 2023)
Garden, but don't buy anything
My first resolution for the year was fixing my sleep schedule. I haven't made any real progress. I'm starting to focus on that now. I have been taking naps and sleeping in late to try to catch up on sleep. I have a consistent bedtime now - 2 hours too late. So I'm shifting it 30 minutes earlier and hoping for the best.

I'm not doing great on health goals either. I gained some weight this month because... not sleeping enough. Uggh! I need to get sleep sorted out ASAP and then lose a few pounds. IDK, like 5#. it's not a lot, just enough to be annoyed that some of my clothes are snug.

To do list isn't happening because of RAIN! We have 2 dry days in the forecast and the rest is RAIN. Uggh. Love the rain, but could we just space it out enough that we can make hay and get chores done?

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
... This is going to wipe me out mentally.

too many choices on top of not having a spec. so yeah, would make me bugnuts too...

backing off, taking a break, getting in a nap and doing something else while it all percolates. you'll get it figured out eventually. let it cook a bit.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Most of us would love to schedule rain 🤣

it seems to schedule itself for right when i am trying to get something important done outside. we're barely getting enough sunshine to make the gardens grow but they are surviving and getting bigger plants. i think i already have some hot peppers growing on the plants and the tomatoes will need some cages around them soon... somehow i have to finish planting and get a ton of weeding done too... in other words, situation normal for this time of the year.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Okey dokey. Have a map/layout of the space in question with all the existing measurements. Guess what? The stuff she wanted to buy doesn't fit in the space next to the house. Someone is a bit frustrated and it ain't me

In other news, I may have found a buyer for some of the dishware

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Sand scraped off, reused the pavers that supported the pool side posts to rough frame the fire pit (5' diameter).

Not yet 9am, still too early for the tractor. Metal post is where I want the topsoil dumped

Screenshot_20240630-085412_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240630-085401_Photo Editor.jpg