Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
And over here... about 2 months...

I shelled out big bucks for the photographer.... what can I say, I like "real" photos. ( not everything digital) found a local lady, real young, but I really like her photos, and the bride likes her... so rah.

I have us only penciled in for the cake... we have a week to nail that down.

:idunno bride wants a nice cake... but isn't sure what kind of nice.

I told her, fine... give up on exactly what the cake is going to look like... and just give me a ball park, so cake lady can give an estimate, I can pay the 50% and it can be all good, and I don't have to worry about who will make the cake.

:lol: but... silly young people, too many choices!

The thought is... small (12 person) fancy/pretty gluten free cake and then full of gluten..... what? Choices are cupcakes, macaroons, chocolate chip cookies, and fancy decorated sugar cookies.

Only the groom (my son) is celiac, everyone else can eat gluten.

I was kind of thinking macaroons and cookies... because then I can have several..... :D

But maybe "people" would like cupcakes.... I should ask cake lady if she does mini cupcakes... and ask what Spouse wants... spouse is opinionated.

My boys don't care... as long as there is sugar, they will be happy. Not sure about my mom... but she will probably hate everything, so I won't bother asking her.

Anyone been to a wedding lately? Thoughts on a "dessert table"? What would you all choose between cupcakes, macaroons, chocolate chip cookies, and fancy frosted sugar cookies? Would you want some of each? Only 1 or 2 of the above? Which ones???

Other things... it will be a full evening meal, kind of.

Either the bride or my spouse will make a huge pot of cream soup.

Then they want ... whatever that fancy name is for cold meats, cheeses and crackers.

A salmon dip made by my spouse, spinach and artichoke dip from grocery store and franks red hot chicken and cheese casserole dip thing.

Then the fancy wedding cake and desserts.

I wonder if I should add a salad. Hummm :old

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:lol: but... silly young people, too many choices!

many years ago i learned about choice paralysis.

The thought is... small (12 person) fancy/pretty gluten free cake and then full of gluten..... what? Choices are cupcakes, macaroons, chocolate chip cookies, and fancy decorated sugar cookies.

Only the groom (my son) is celiac, everyone else can eat gluten.

I was kind of thinking macaroons and cookies... because then I can have several..... :D

if you like a banger of a macaroon look up Magic Bars recipe and take those ingredients and minus the crust and make macaroons. yum... nuts, coconut, some sugar, chocolate and i like some butterscotch chips in them too but you don't need many (they can overpower).

if anything you can enjoy experimenting and finding what ingredients and texture you like. eating the mistakes just means you may also have more incentive to keep making more mistakes. :)

But maybe "people" would like cupcakes.... I should ask cake lady if she does mini cupcakes... and ask what Spouse wants... spouse is opinionated.

My boys don't care... as long as there is sugar, they will be happy. Not sure about my mom... but she will probably hate everything, so I won't bother asking her.

haha! :) knowing when to cut your losses...

Anyone been to a wedding lately? Thoughts on a "dessert table"? What would you all choose between cupcakes, macaroons, chocolate chip cookies, and fancy frosted sugar cookies? Would you want some of each? Only 1 or 2 of the above? Which ones???

sorry, i'm not a person to ask about making a choice like that as i like it all. there's nothing you've listed i don't like and appreciate.

Other things... it will be a full evening meal, kind of.

Either the bride or my spouse will make a huge pot of cream soup.

Then they want ... whatever that fancy name is for cold meats, cheeses and crackers.

char cooterie.

A salmon dip made by my spouse, spinach and artichoke dip from grocery store and franks red hot chicken and cheese casserole dip thing.

Then the fancy wedding cake and desserts.

I wonder if I should add a salad. Hummm :old

Messybun

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
If your son is celiac I’d wonder about doing a table for gluten free. That way guests don’t cross contaminate serving ware and everything. Cuts down risk of crumbs getting where they don’t belong.
Or even food stations instead of a buffet.

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
If your son is celiac I’d wonder about doing a table for gluten free. That way guests don’t cross contaminate serving ware and everything. Cuts down risk of crumbs getting where they don’t belong.
Or even food stations instead of a buffet.
We will segregate. The only things with gluten will be crackers and then the gluten-full desserts

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Those trays make a great breakfast! 😂 I don't like to cook early, heat up, cold, or eat brunch. Then I'll cook.

Been into garden -- looked out window & saw a goat & kid in there. Climbed thru the pole gate!😡 Took them out and added fence onto gate. Stopped that route. Most of them are way too big to fit. But it'll keep chickens out, too. There's that.

Pretty good breeze going on and temps are nice. Overcast and light rains later, so better do anything needed outside in next few hours.

Latest posts