Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

Messybun

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Bottle baby is bouncy and happy, but she’s thinner than I’d really like and has a little diarrhea. Because She doesn’t like grass or pellets. So, more outside time today. Hopefully she’ll be fine with only minimal supervision lol. Of course, I let the sheep come over and give the customary snuff before they go back to apathy. Love the sheep’s lack of caring once they get to smell. Unless she’s bothering them, in which case they kinda breath into her face and she bolts lol.

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Here is Maverick, at about 3 or so months. In late 22.

s3olcLt.jpg

Here is our newest member, Poppy. At three months. Same mom and dad.

gbKBvfe.jpg

Last edited:

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We wanted another cattle dog from the same back yard breeder, but I had missed the earlier than usual pregnancy from March (they advertise their once a year litters on CL). Oh well. Kept checking all outlets; went to visit a year old ACD nearby, but it was bizarre and would not stop barking, even after 30 min. Poor old man who was trying to give it away.

Contacted another one for adoption - never heard back. Was gonna spring for a rescue in Florida, who would transport in August.

But then yesterday, as I was browsing CL, I saw an add for this one! Sent hubs and son 35 min up north to go take a look. Turns out this was the only female from that litter that was born in March. This older (hahahaha) couple bought her but after a month, didn't want her anymore. She was an outside dog in a run. Poor thing. We happily gave them some money and brought her home.

She is love starved. Soooo happy. Learning about cats and all sorts of indoor things. She was staring at the TV last nite; barked at something outside, and then gleefully tore apart her fabric cat crate all nite long. I'll have to dig up a smaller metal crate somewhere.

Welcome, Poppy, to Murphysranch home!!

8OJAmRw.jpg

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Oh, don't worry. He met her off premises. Then 1 full day later, they are friends.

I found a smaller wire crate on FB marketplace and it was minutes from here. Got that and will line with some towels for her second nite at her new home.

She was free fed kibbles n bits at the last place. Not here! Its good dog food, with a learning curve to like human veggies, for her. And she'll get Bfast and dinner with a snack at lunch. With another dog and three cats eyeing her food, free fed won't work in this house!!

Oh and got her next round of shot that she needs now from the Farm store (Wilco). The 12 week old ones. She'll get it tonite from me.

Last edited:

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm glad you found her. Gets you what you actually want.

When I got Ares, we were at Mom's because the breeder is down by her so neutral territory for a couple days. Hermes was absolutely disgusted that we "brought that thing" home with us. Couple days later they were inseparable because he realized that Ares could fully play with him unlike elderly Athena.