Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Deer were in the garden. Dog freaked and started barking when we stepped outside. Had to shove dogs inside. The 2 does had a fawn with them. Does jumped fence, fawn tried 3 times and on the third time it got head through a top fence hole and body went over fence.

Yelled for hubby to help and grabbed metal snips. I managed to get the poor thing a little breathing room but couldn't cut the wire one handed. Hubby got out there and cut it. Mama had actually stayed back so we could free the baby.

Baby blacktail sound like goats when they are yelling

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Lovely cool temp this morning, 53....light shirt & enjoyed the coffee while on porch checking things out. Stayed home today. Mon & Tues were long days at work. I'm forcing myself to do some inside cleaning :he I need to do this! Toaster died last week, so upstairs into boxes & brought another down.....I have boxes of stuff that was moms.

So dishwasher running. I'm deciding where I can relocate/rearrange in kitchen for better counter space. Need to do that inside my cabinets, too. Just shoot me!! 😫 It's a chore that I'm cussing now but will appreciate next week when done. Yeah, not a one day affair. Home all next week to do. 👍

Well break time is over. Need to plan something for dinner -- better look in freezer.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Last edited:

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Opened a couple windows late yesterday, cool temps and low humidity. Air the house out 😁. Save electric on AC. This morning it's 51* 😳 way cooler than I ever have AC! Wow....actually cold in here. Closed those window, as light breeze was pumping it in. Brrr. It'll stay cool all day while I'm at work. Upper 70s for hi temps. Sorry TX!! :hide

So hot coffee is welcome 😀 rested up yesterday, off to work within the hr. Short day but, long hrs tomorrow. Next week some fall cleaning since I'm home most almost all week. Grrrr....I've put it off....gotta happen!!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
it's not fall yet... but yes we've had a few rather cool evenings already (down into the upper 40sF) but i'm glad to say the temperatures will be back to more normal by the end of this week. i'm not ready to be cold...