Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready. Its 34F with high of 60F today. Hard frost last night, everything is white. I’ll be back on the tractor today. Working on large pile that’s in the way of where I want to build a 3 sided barn for the sheep. Plus a big stump, so making pile on top of that. I have to hand load the wood, so that means get off tractor, load wood, get on tractor, go dump load on fire, rinse repeat. I did that for 6 hours yesterday, slept like a rock last night. It’s almost all cut to firewood length. 2 guys cut up the whole tree last winter, sold the firewood. I was delighted to get it gone, but they left a good 2 cords, and never came back. I’ll get it gone and cleaned up, then haul in dirt for the barn.

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
22 this morning on the recording thermometer on the deck... front porch one quit at 35 and had to change out the batteries, and now is working. It is only 44 at 1 p.m. Light breeze.

Forgot to cut the reblooming irises and they got frozen last night. :(:th:hit:hit:hit. Meant to bring them in to let them open and enjoy them for a few days. Oh well... Froze out the pepper plants finally again too. But was expecting that.
Cold again tonight, then a warming trend to 55-65 days, and 35 nights. More seasonal for us. SOOOOO GLAD hay is done...

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Got most of the volunteer gig books updated before work, 3rd load of laundry in the washer, started the dishwasher over lunch.

Debating on whether or not to go to the house after work. Can do some painting prep and take a carload of stuff from the garage that I will need to take eventually 🤔
I can't remember... where to and why are you moving?

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
enaAprDj5A_qJnNAqS9cJ4LuTKZvqZcXIJRWQyrvfDPyb-1EtOkJVY10bLcOmnX-howQ=w526-h296-rw

I apologize for not making an appearance sooner I was dealing with a headache for most of the day. No, I don't think it was caused from not having my daily dose of caffeine seeing how I had woken up with it.