Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Screenshot_20231113_171400_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20231113_171303_Gallery.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ ✝️

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@CrealCritter which one of the babies is that with the full grown??? They are growing fast but still very handsome and they were BOTH telling you the hay was low so that's funny!!!

Daisy's, dasiy is on the left.
Screenshot_20231113_180113_Gallery.jpg

Yes they absolutely do grow fast.
Screenshot_20231113_185219_Gallery.jpg

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@CrealCritter how old are the calves now? They look to be staying black? That's a cute "father/son" picture 😊
More like dark brown, It depends on the sun light and how the camera takes the picture. But when they are standing in the sun and next to one that's black, you can really see the color difference.

The calves are in week 10.

Last edited:

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
He LOVES pie especially Cheesecake.
I thought it was standard to do pies on Tuesday but if he TOTALLY had his way everything would be done on Turkey day then have to rush to get ready and drive the 20 minutes to our friends house then I would have to make 3-4 trips back and forth from car to house from house to car to get it all in the house.
Ha!!!!

Only thing cooked on turkey day in our house is the turkey and the gravy.

Well.... IF we want fresh done rolls... but it is best to do those ahead, and have them in the freezer... cook them right from the freezer...

How does anyone do all the cooking, and eat on the same day?

Maybe if you are picking it all up from Popeyes! :lol: that would be fast!

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
1700041017510.jpeg

There's some FRESH,HOT and READY coffee in the pot and I'm about to go get me a 2nd cup.
Yup until yesterday the passing of my Uncle didn't seem real even though I know NONE family would joke about something like that even though it was real seeing how his obit is out now it's just a matter of time seeing how his truck hasn't been released yet GRRRR GRRRR.
How does anyone do all the cooking, and eat on the same day?
You get family/friends together and each one does a specific dish (or two) plus all the minor prep work gets done the day before. So far the meal for Thanksgiving is Turkey, Potatoes, Gravy, Stuffing, Cranberry Sauce, Deviled Eggs, Mac & Cheese, Rolls, Lasagna (FH is going to make that), Candied YAMS, Brown Sugar Glazed Bacon Wrapped Lil Smokies and for dessert going to have MINI Dutch Apple Pies, MINI Pumpkin Pies plus Peanut Butter Pie.