Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
11_29796f2d8.jpg

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have a couple things to get at feed store this morn. Didn't even start a vehicle yesterday. Watched some of Macy's parade, the dog show, baked stuffed pork chops and veggies same time. 🤷

Outside things to do today. Weather good, sun is out.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Better than tossing is homemade turkey soup. I cooked it low and slow at 250F since last night. Started after I recovered from eating too much 😴

Start
Screenshot_20231123_210220_Gallery.jpg

Just fished out bones
Screenshot_20231124_105310_Gallery.jpg

We will pressure can later today.

Homemade turkey soup, with crackers is so good in the winter 😋

Jesus is Lord and Christ ✝️

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Would anyone happen to have a good beef jerky recipe using beef brisket? I did a quick search and found this one, seems like it might be OK. But I don't know for sure, it's rare I make jerky and don't recall ever having made beef jerky, but may have before.

(short read)

Thanks

Jesus is Lord and Christ ✝️

Last edited:

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Interesting recipe. Never made jerky that way, only in the dehydrator. This marinate is very "wet", I prefer just spices, basically a dry rub, but still let that marinate

If you try it, please update us.

Last edited:

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sounds a "little" wet but, not really bad. The beef will soak up some. Obviously some drip -- foil in oven bottom takes care of that. You could reduce the 2 liquids just a touch -- or pour into a strainer for a while before hanging it, some excess will run off then. Should be a good taste as the wet will dry onto the jerky strips. 🤷 :drool. Let us know how it goes.

They say 38 & feel like of 33 🥶 winter is trying to come early. No, no, no!! This is Jan stuff, not Nov. Can you tell I'm not a fan? :idunnovery windy out.

May go to work today :hu why not?!

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Sounds a "little" wet but, not really bad. The beef will soak up some. Obviously some drip -- foil in oven bottom takes care of that. You could reduce the 2 liquids just a touch -- or pour into a strainer for a while before hanging it, some excess will run off then. Should be a good taste as the wet will dry onto the jerky strips. 🤷 :drool. Let us know how it goes.

They say 38 & feel like of 33 🥶 winter is trying to come early. No, no, no!! This is Jan stuff, not Nov. Can you tell I'm not a fan? :idunnovery windy out.

May go to work today :hu why not?!
Ice skating on the pool cover here this morning

20231125_073120.jpg