Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Windy windy... wow... blowing like it was going to take down the house... more gusts to come... 26 and wind chill in the teens. Tonight should be our coldest yet... forecast in teens BEFORE the wind chill.
Part of it... but I have to go test this afternoon... over an hour away... they don't start until after 5/6 p.m.... it will be midnight coming home... UCK..... didn't know the weather when we set it up a week ago... this is when I think retirement is a much better thing to do....will take some hot cocoa pkgs and make a cup to drink coming home... one good thing about dairies... they have very hot water heaters.....

Back into the 50's by weeks end... and some much needed rain in the forecast then also. Until then, Flannel lined jeans today!!!!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
we had wind chill down to 2F this morning and 19F but it should be warmer out there now, but not enough to melt the snow and thaw out the ground. later this week is supposed to have chances of rain and back to the mid 40sF but i'm not sure what that means for me getting outside and finishing up more gardens or doing other things. today i'm on strict bed rest, or at least as strict as what gravity and levity allow. :) what good is a todo list if it is empty? ...

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Can I borrow YOUR to do list? Maybe make a trade? :fl

one thing about a task oriented analytical person is that they tend to have nearly infinite todo lists...

if you really value your sheepies you'd not let me too close to them other than to say hi and give them scritches. plus knowing my luck i'd end up with the tractor in the pond.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
@frustratedearthmother
@tortoise
could this be low carbed? Lily's chips might be a start.

Try keto "fat bomb" recipes for the peanut butter and chocolate? Roll up instead of make into balls. Might need to store in the freezer.

Maybe could make sweetened condensed milk substitute with coconut cream and powdered erythritol? IDK if lily's makes peanut butter chips? If not, maybe mix unsweetened PB powder into white chocolate?

But can we make it low carb *and* fat free? @murphysranch

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Try keto "fat bomb" recipes for the peanut butter and chocolate? Roll up instead of make into balls. Might need to store in the freezer.

Maybe could make sweetened condensed milk substitute with coconut cream and powdered erythritol? IDK if lily's makes peanut butter chips? If not, maybe mix unsweetened PB powder into white chocolate?

But can we make it low carb *and* fat free? @murphysranch
My low carb recipe/notes book is still packed up. Wish I could say that for my sweet tooth.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Windy windy... wow... blowing like it was going to take down the house... more gusts to come... 26 and wind chill in the teens. Tonight should be our coldest yet... forecast in teens BEFORE the wind chill.
Part of it... but I have to go test this afternoon... over an hour away... they don't start until after 5/6 p.m.... it will be midnight coming home... UCK..... didn't know the weather when we set it up a week ago... this is when I think retirement is a much better thing to do....will take some hot cocoa pkgs and make a cup to drink coming home... one good thing about dairies... they have very hot water heaters.....

Back into the 50's by weeks end... and some much needed rain in the forecast then also. Until then, Flannel lined jeans today!!!!
Sounds like you may get a little of we got that started Sunday evening. I try and give you right coasters a heads up. When there is significant enough change in the weather for a heads up.
84f1d9bf866a3677.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ ✝️