Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I've been having a really tough time these last two weeks. I'm scattered and forgetful and distracted. One thing I thought about last nite, while tossing and turning, was that there are toooo many ways to communicate now. I'm having a difficult time trying to sort out what was said where.

ie: one renter sends me texts.. I could not for the life of me find his message about renters insurance, and four days later stumbled across it in a vm.
Landlord I work for leaves very long voice mails, so that she has to call back to continue to talk on the phone message machine. She also sends emails, but in a jumble of timelines.
Fair lady sends phone texts, two different messenger groups texts, emails and phone messages.

Luckily, DD only uses messenger. Son only uses text. Hubs never answers, so there's that.

Hubs stands in front of me to tell me stuff, but rambles alot.

Fair lady said to start to use Google calendar. I use a paper calendar. Clearly I screwed up myself when I had Poppy on Monday for her spay, instead of today. I have a fair meeting on the 24th, but learned yesterday that it was cancelled.

Its very very confusing to this 69 yr old.
It is a mess!!!

I use folders and spread sheets/charts. And I put everything in my phone calendar with reminder alarms.

For appointments, the alarm goes off 1 hour before I have to leave for the appointment. If I know I will be stressed that day, I make the alarm go off 1 hour before leaving time and also 20 minutes before leaving time.

It turns out, both in contacts and in messages... you can put numbers/names into groups/folders.

So... if I can't remember if I texted all renters to ask for rent... I can hit the renter tab in messages, and only renters are now seen. Then it is easy to see who has been texted and who hasn't been.

Or in contacts, if I can't remember which plumber I use for the 6-plex... I hit the 6-plex tab in contacts, and then everyone associated with the 6-plex is there. And the plumber contact has his name, and under notes I will have written "plumber for 6-plex, only takes checks"

Also, the notes app on the phone... I have a spread sheet set up. The name of each renter, the rental unit they are in, and the month. Each month they pay me, I immediately write in venmo, zelle, cashapp, whatever.... so I KNOW where their money went.

AND, I fully agree with what @Messybun said. Just tell them "i will not use that communication app/choice. Contact me this way"

Because I will NOT do voice mail. :tongue

I like text... and that way I can look back and see what I did/agreed to do.

For problematic/important phone calls, you can record them and save the recording.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
If you stop feeding them 12 hours or so before you process them, it is a cleaner process.
I water fasted them one day, but still their craws were full of grass. I think CCX are just hungry all the time. They did a lot of "grazing" during the daylight hours, I fed them and herded them back under the trampoline during the evening and let them back out in the morning. I think they really did well for CCX I had them bucket trained. Their free range grazing also helped with the feed bill, so zero complaints about full craws during prosessing from me.

Free industrial strength trampoline
Screenshot_20240918_154302_Gallery.jpg

The trampoline Became a great CCX pen with cattle pannels, chicken wire and zip ties. Something, I think foxes dug under the cattle pannel and got 4 of them. I put nail boards around the outside, with nails pointing both up and down. Nothing messed with them after that. They also drank atleast 300 gallons of water which really surprised me. I parked the water buffalo next to the pen to make watering easy on me.
Screenshot_20240918_154504_Gallery.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ ✝️

Last edited: