Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Bad week so far. Poppy the 6th month old Cattle Dog got spayed on Wednesday. She's doing fine as long as I stay with her and her with me. Took off the dang cone after the first nite. We have a soft cone that we used last nite. Much quieter in her crate for sure.

Hubs and I were sitting on the deck talking, when son came out and threw the ball for Maverick, the 2 yr old cattle dog. Then he started to do a thing with the chuck it stick with Mav that I've told him several times to NOT DO! Well, he did it. Broke Maverick's back leg.

Off to the emergency vet for only 2.5 hours. Turns out that Mav has three broken parts of his entire leg: the tibia, the something else and then a broken/separated bone in his foot near his heel.

We are scheduled with an Orthopedic surgeon on Monday morning.
IMG_7427.JPG

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Using wood on the shower???

yes, i've seen it done, but i'm doubting i'll do it. i don't think Mom is able to really understand how it works and will still want to spray harsh chemicals on it so...

glass, tile, stone, cement, metal, epoxy... tempted to go +7 iron plate enchanted armor.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
It would mold here. The aerosol Kaboom used to take off the iron if I let it set about 10 minutes. Now Ive kind of given up

it's interesting that certain kinds of woods stand up to moisture pretty well for a while, but longer term they begin to smell in a way that i don't really enjoy so i won't be doing it anyways. if you've spent any time in the north and have been in a sauna it seems to work, but i've not really researched it and probably won't as Mom does things with chemicals at times and she may not even read the directions... (speaking of kabooms, Swedish Chef kabooms have not happened yet, but sometimes i wonder...).

Latest posts