Denim Deb Hay, hay, hay. Thank the Lord!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Didn't sleep that well over the weekend, so I didn't want to get up this morning. But I'm up, and have a lot to do today. That meant I didn't really get anything done this morning. I'll have to do stuff this afternoon/evening. So w/out further ado, here's my list for today:

1. Feed animals, put out hay
2. Work on cleaning up field
3. Feed Stormy, bag feed, take care of chickens
4. Go to post office and mail gift.
5. Work on wood-I may or may not unload what's still in the back of my truck.
6. Feed goats
7. Clean living room
8. Make and eat dinner
9. Wash dishes
10. Finish decorating tree

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I STILL don't have the living room all clean. Nor do I have the tree trimmed. Hubby stopped on his way home. Then, once he got home, he drank more. That meant he was driving me nuts! He wanted to know why I had to do stuff now. Why couldn't I do it when he wasn't home. And, he wouldn't shut up. He finally fell asleep-until our DD called. Now he's awake again.

This is getting really old. DD is talking about quitting her jobs, and not doing anything during January since she's getting her wisdom teeth out. And if she does, then I'm hoping she'll help me get the house all cleaned out. W/that done, I'll finally feel ready to leave if I need to.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
*hugs*
it seems like a never ending battle!

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Well, he left for work. And since today is not going to be the nicest out, I'll be concentrating on the house. So, my list for today:

1. Finish cleaning living room
2. Trim tree
3. Practice piano
4. Feed animals and put out hay
5. Work on cleaning field
6. Feed Stormy, bag feed, take care of chickens
7. Clean bathroom
8. Feed goats
9. Make and eat dinner
10. Dishes
11. Go out w/my motorcycle group?

Don't know if I'm going to go out or not. It's going to depend on where they're going and how I'm feeling. Right now, I'm a bit stiff and sore. My left knee hurts and my throat is a bit scratchy.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Had a duh moment this morning. I'm hauling my wagon back w/the muck buckets on it to dump. Did that 2 times today, and got most of my field cleaned. But, I'm looking at my cart trying to figure out a way to put a handle on it so I could haul it down instead when I suddenly realized that my garden cart at home is not being used at this time of year and I can probably fit a whole day's worth of manure in it. Tomorrow, I figure the ground should be great down there for driving my truck (as long as the neighbor doesn't mess it up. A horse that someone dumped on RU died, so they're coming to take care of it for her). I'll finish filling up my cart, then dump it tomorrow. And, if I have more manure than that, I'll fill the buckets up and take them down as well. Then after that, I'll use the cart-unless we have snow. Then, I'll try and use my sled to haul the buckets down.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I'm beat. I didn't get everything done, but my living room is the cleanest it's been in ages. And, my tree is decorated! Didn't do the dishes, nor did I clean the bathroom. Hopefully, I'll have time tomorrow. I'm planning on going to bed real early tonight.

kittiekat

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Cleaning the house can really be a big pain in the ass. Hahaha But someone has to do it, right?

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Some days I think of how nice it would be to live by myself. It would be nice and quiet, and there'd be no mess and no junk. This house is overly full of junk that I'm trying to sort thru and get rid of. But, by this time next year, it will be done-unless something happens to keep me from working on it.

I might have a slight cold. I'm coughing a little, my nose is running a little and I have a sore throat. So, I'll be taking a lot of breaks today. I figure I've been up since around 5:00, and have already done a bit, so this is a good time for a break. Now that I FINALLY have my living room done, the next room I'm going to work on is the bedroom. And, that won't be until tomorrow. I'd love to have that all done by Christmas, but we'll see. If I don't have it done by then, I'm not going to sweat it. I'd love to get all cleaned out underneath the bed. Then I'd know for sure whether or not Jimmy Hoffa is under there. So, my list for today:

1. Wash and hang out a load of laundry (it's in the washer now)
2. Fold and put away 2 loads of laundry (1 load is done)
3. Iron a few shirts
4. Put out trash and recyclables (done)
5. Practice piano (done)
6. Clean bathroom
7. Feed animals and put out hay
8. Move RB feeder (I will do that B4 I put out the hay)
9. Finish cleaning field. I should FINALLY be able to dump my cart
10. Feed Stormy, bag feed and take care of chickens
11. Clean kitchen
12. Work on firewood
13. Make and eat dinner
14. Dishes

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Looks like I must be doing something right! I feel better now than I did when I got up. And, I've been getting stuff done!

My bathroom is clean.

Other than a couple of spots where the ground is too frozen (like around where I did have the RB feeder), my field is clean!

I was able to dump the cart.

Right now, I'm sitting down eating a leftover drumstick. I'll also find something else to eat. Once that's done, I start working on my kitchen. I normally do the floor in 2 parts. That way, I have some place to put the trashcan, recyclable container, etc while the one half dries. While it's drying, I'll get a load of clothes put away. I'll probably wait until after dinner to iron the shirts. I washed a load of them today, so if I wait, I can hopefully get most of them done.

I had hoped to get the rest of the wood out of my truck, but most of it is still frozen in place. So, I'll just work on what I was able to get out the other day.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Well, the kitchen is 95% clean, most of the dishes are washed and I didn't get to the shirts. Everything else is done. And so I am. I'm not doing anything else tonight-except relax.