:lol:

See what sex & chocolate will get ya? :D

Dunkopf

On Vacation
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
:lol:

See what sex & chocolate will get ya? :D
Our 2nd date was on valentines day. She gave the chocolates to her daughter.

AnnaRaven

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
freemotion said:
I don't do our grocery shopping, usually, unless I am going to a discount store. Tonight I picked up a tomato so we can have BLT's with our home-grown bacon. One measly tomato.

$1.92 :th

I am so increasing my garden space this year. :tongue
Okay -but *what* are you doing making BLTs this time of year? Eat *seasonally* and you wouldn't be paying so much for a piece of plastic shaped like a tomato. Right now, unless maybe if you're in australia or mexico, you're not going to get a fresh tomato - you're going to get a piece of plastic from a greenhouse.

Seasonality matters! I LOVE BLTs but I *ONLY* have them in summer when tomatoes are ripe (and cheap because they're in season!)

Team Chaos

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'm new to the board and this thread has been fascinating. I am relieved to know that I am not the only one who isn't believing the "Every thing is looking up! Just keep buying stuff!" mantra... and that ya'll seem a little less fanatic than the "book of revelations" sites I end up finding when I google.

I am especially interested in the price of corn/ food shortage topic as I've heard a common refrain among the farmfolk around here- now is not the time to acquire livestock as we soon won't be able to afford to feed them. I guess I understand that up to a point, but it's not like any food product coming from a grain-fed animal is going to remain at the same price either, right? So really, with some planning and figuring and mother nature on your side (or at least not completely screwing you), wouldn't a SS person be better off to get corn in NOW and calibrate what they acquire against what they can feed?

While I fear my opinion on chocolate might make people question my sanity, I will leave it as this: more for you!

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
AnnaRaven said:
freemotion said:
I don't do our grocery shopping, usually, unless I am going to a discount store. Tonight I picked up a tomato so we can have BLT's with our home-grown bacon. One measly tomato.

$1.92 :th

I am so increasing my garden space this year. :tongue
Okay -but *what* are you doing making BLTs this time of year? Eat *seasonally* and you wouldn't be paying so much for a piece of plastic shaped like a tomato. Right now, unless maybe if you're in australia or mexico, you're not going to get a fresh tomato - you're going to get a piece of plastic from a greenhouse.

Seasonality matters! I LOVE BLTs but I *ONLY* have them in summer when tomatoes are ripe (and cheap because they're in season!)
No bacon in the summer. I eat mostly seasonally and somewhat locally, but am not fanatical about it. A single tomato should cost cents, not dollars.

Dunkopf

On Vacation
Reaction score
Team Chaos said:
I'm new to the board and this thread has been fascinating. I am relieved to know that I am not the only one who isn't believing the "Every thing is looking up! Just keep buying stuff!" mantra... and that ya'll seem a little less fanatic than the "book of revelations" sites I end up finding when I google.

I am especially interested in the price of corn/ food shortage topic as I've heard a common refrain among the farmfolk around here- now is not the time to acquire livestock as we soon won't be able to afford to feed them. I guess I understand that up to a point, but it's not like any food product coming from a grain-fed animal is going to remain at the same price either, right? So really, with some planning and figuring and mother nature on your side (or at least not completely screwing you), wouldn't a SS person be better off to get corn in NOW and calibrate what they acquire against what they can feed?

While I fear my opinion on chocolate might make people question my sanity, I will leave it as this: more for you!
That's the scary part there. Meat is already ridiculous. It keeps getting higher as more and more countries obtain higher standards of living. One of the big changes people make when they have more money is adding meat to their diet, so meat and grain to feed it is becoming ever more needed.

I think Americans will be eating more rice and beans.