Food Prices, Shortages & Inflation - The Trash Index

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Since bulk buying isn't something I can do often, I just buy small containers as I find them on sale. Every trip to the store I get 1 stash item. Coco was $2.59 when I bought 6 containers over a month's time. I haven't checked the price lately, but I doubt it went down!

KevsFarm

On vacation
Reaction score
Yep, that works to Wifezilla,a little at a time, in one bigger shot, whatever you can make work for you..! I agree, i doubt the price of cocoa is going to get lower, in fact most everything is going to get more expensive, as we have seen ..!

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
We all have our "thing". :D Chocolate is a nice harmless thing. Full of antioxidants too!

At my house it's butter. I have a lot of it in the freezer. I refuse to ever run out of butter. For hubby it is coffee. Of course I can't stock up because the more I buy the more he drinks. I told him he needs to prepare his own stash!
That is so funny, WZ; that's how it is in our house, too! I have about 8 lbs of butter in the freezer, & a local store has a sale going on ($2/lb) so I'm going to add to my stash today. Can't have too much butter!!

With DH it's coffee. Seems like he constantly has a pot brewing, he drinks it all day long. :/

I guess I'm lucky; I love chocolate but am not addicted. I rarely keep any in the house. DH bought me a big box for Christmas, & it took me about 2 1/2 months to finish it. One piece a day, no more. :D

lorieMN

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Boogity said:
Do you guys really have a NEED for chocolate? I've never heard of such a thing. I can't remember the last time I had chocolate . . . oops I had a few chocolate chip cookies that my grand daughter made a month or two ago. I guess chocolate is just not a part of my life. I never really thought about it.
no I dont NEED it,,but I am a lot more pleasant to be around some days if I have it..

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I have a BJs card. that "pay to shop" store.

last year was $40 annual
this year is $50 annual

screw it, I am not renewing but my card expires on March 31

I told Tony we are going in a few weeks and stocking up....oh yea, probably to the tune of $500 on this trip, but I will get my "basics" I know that BJs is cheaper and then I am done with paying anyone to shop...lol

Wifezilla

Reaction score
If my husband and youngest son expect to live from month to month, there had better be chocolate!

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Boogity said:
Do you guys really have a NEED for chocolate? I've never heard of such a thing.
Boogity, et. al.,
This question has been answered indirectly by the 46XX population on SSF. There truly IS a physiologic explanation in this population that most of them are not aware of consciously but very much aware of it sub-consciously. :hide

Chocolate contains phenylalanine. This substance is ubiquitous in nature but it is produced by the 46 XX member of society in LARGE quantities during the act of copulation. (Yes, ladies it IS A TRUE AND VERIFIABLE FACT OF HUMAN LIFE)

Chocolate replaces the absence or lower quantity of phenylalanine in the body and as one lady clearly pointed out:
LorieMN said:
no I dont NEED it,,but I am a lot more pleasant to be around some days if I have it.
So without coming right out and saying what the effects of both chocolate and "activity" are, she states that she is more pleasant to be around..." when she has it. Therefore, if chocolate becomes a really scarce comodity we all (in the 46 XY community)may find one of two things occurring...either they will kill us all when they don't have chocolate :hit

or life at home will take a distinct upward turn in terms of happiness and affection because it gives the same emotional reward to them. :ya

For those of you who "vehemently disagree" you can argue this all you want but it is true physiologically. The ladies who are very "physically active" at home, tend to need less chocolate than the ones who "aren't really interested in THAT" any more.

Did you ever wonder why chocolate is the primary gift at Valentines Day? :love Hmmm, perhaps Valentine's Day and "love" and its attendant behaviors have something in common.

Of note here is that when you look at this particular string, there appears to be two completely different subjects being discussed. K0xxx and Dunkopf appear to be very concerned (and rightly so) about the loss of "reserve currency status of the US$) and the ladies have a completely different agenda. I find this entertaining.
YMMV
//BT//
Trim sends

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
Actually, I find the loss of reserve status and chocolate equally disturbing and dangerous. One to my financial security and the other to my physical security. I MUST FIND THE WIFE SOME CHOCOLATE! :D

Wifezilla

Reaction score
ICU, chocolate does work on similar areas of the brain as sex...but the effects are NOT the same. A smart woman makes sure she has plenty of both for maximum happiness :D

(I have been married almost 25 years to the same guy. I know these things ;) )