Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We're now under a hurricane warning. Weird - because Beryl isn't even a hurricane right now, lol. They expect it to reach Cat 1 size today. Weather folks are loving the excitement. Me - not so much.

I have 1 empty gas can and 11 full ones. Trying to decide if that ONE 5 gallon can is all that important. Eh.. I'll probably fill it up justincase.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It's not. Don't waste your time....55 gal there is enough.
Too late, lol. I had to get a couple of things this morning, so I filled it up. I'm set now - got gas, beer, and brownies (or at least the stuff to make them).

Already had a nice shower with the first band that rolled through. Nothing worse than any other summer storm at this point, hope it stays that way.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Decided to spend the night in the storm shelter- glad we did. No idea what’s going on out there but according to the weather app we’re having sustained winds of 65-70mph and gusts in the vicinity of 90mph. We can’t hear much in here with the AC running, but I can hear the rain and occasional bit of debris hitting the metal door. Something of significant size bounced across the roof a while ago. Have no idea how my house or the critters are faring. 😬. Shocked, amazed and grateful that we still have power!

Wish I had brought a coffee pot out here!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Decided to spend the night in the storm shelter- glad we did. No idea what’s going on out there but according to the weather app we’re having sustained winds of 65-70mph and gusts in the vicinity of 90mph. We can’t hear much in here with the AC running, but I can hear the rain and occasional bit of debris hitting the metal door. Something of significant size bounced across the roof a while ago. Have no idea how my house or the critters are faring. 😬. Shocked, amazed and grateful that we still have power!

Wish I had brought a coffee pot out here!
😵😬 hang in there! I hope you get a little respite today - at least enough to check on things and grab coffee. Sending all the good vibes 💓

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Of course power went out right after I bragged on it. I braved the storm and ran in the house to check on things. So far, all is well.

Got the generator going and am back in the shed. Going to hang out here until the worst is over and then get DH back in the house.

Lotsa water and lotsa wind. I underestimated this storm.

Attachments

• IMG_6233.jpeg
    IMG_6233.jpeg
    117.7 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_6232.jpeg
    IMG_6232.jpeg
    135.3 KB · Views: 45

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My shed is not in the ground. Groundwater is too high in this area for underground shelters or basements. It's in the above pic - behind the car.

This is what I have, and I'm 150% pleased with it.

www.safeshed.com

The first pictures I posted were from earlier this morning. Right after that the eye wall passed us. Storm intensified quite a bit at that point.

Lost about half of a large Ash tree in the backyard.
Backyard Ash.jpg

I've been offering to pay half to replace the neighbor's crappy fence. Maybe now they'll agree?

Fence down.jpg

Tree across the road right past my house.

tree road.jpg

It's a mess out there!