Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
... I've got some velveeta so gonna give it a try. I'm gonna have the most well-fed catfish in history, lol.

cheese goes well on fish fillet sandwiches (learned from McD's many years ago). :)

i've not done that myself in ages as we don't usually make fish fillets or sandwiches - just fish sticks and canned sardines...

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well poo! DH's surgery has been postponed until Oct11. ARGH! Not happy about it - we are so ready to get this behind us!

Had a good rain yesterday and we're getting off and on showers now. Not gonna gripe too much about it -because we've been pretty dry - but I do not like mud! That's all I'm gonna say.

I'm cautiously optimistic that the big Boer has been successful with at least one of the does in his harem. She was bred on 9/5 and I haven't seen her cycle since then. If we get through a few more days I'll feel pretty secure that she settled. If so - we should expect delivery around 2/2/25. Time will tell....

Found out the other day that our insurance co and the PT group we use have cut ties. We've spent months and months with these folks so it's kinda like losing a friend. I guess after DH's surgery we'll have to break in a new group of PT'ers. Always something...

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Finally! Finally we have a little bit of that dry, crisp, cool air! Woo hoo! It's been a long time coming. Not perfect though because we'll still hit 93 today. However with the lack of humidity 93 is not as horrible as it could be. Hope to get some outside work done today.

Got out early to feed the fish. A little foggy over the water.
IMG_6370.jpeg
IMG_6371.jpeg

I can't even explain how much I love the pond. It is a place of peace for me and I find that I need that quite often lately.

Found some broccoli and cabbage starts yesterday so I snatched 'em up. Don't even care that I didn't start them from seeds. Don't even care that they're not organic or heirloom varieties. I've got green things to put in the ground! Whoop!