Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I slept last night! It was awesome - I highly recommend it. If it weren't for some stupid alert about some bad guy running the streets I would have slept all night. For once it wasn't his blood sugar issues waking us up.

One of my yearling does has had a swollen, runny, red eye for several days. Not pinkeye - but an injury. I didn't have any meds so rinsed that eye with warm honey water until my meds got here. It actually seemed to help soothe it and get it going in the right directions. Waiting on meds wasn't fun, but after a couple days of Vetericyn and Terramycin she's finally not holding it closed and the red and cloudiness is clearing up. I'll keep her up in the barn for a couple more days because it keeps her out of the sun.

Time to list a few goats. Trying to keep a manageable number. I brought 4 new goats in so I need to try to move 4 goats out. I have a yearling buck that I might neuter if he doesn't sell and put him in the freezer in a few months. Gotta get the rut out of him first, lol. He's cute so maybe he'll sell quickly (especially if the price is right)

Think I'll put in a little more time in the garden area. I'm going to clean out some of the grow tubs, add some fresh barn gold and stick something in the dirt. :fl