How are the gas prices in your area?

MysticScorpio82

Power Conserver
Reaction score
old fashioned said:
I just found this.....

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42946338/ns/business-oil_and_energy

I'm not going to celebrate until I see it at the pump.
Maybe someone can explain this to me, but it says in the article that the price will drop apx 50 cents in the next several monthes; but I don't recall it taking several monthes to climb 50cents.

Why did prices rise so quick but are really slow to fall back?

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Don't know for sure, but I'd hazard a guess. Greed. :/

Sunny

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
$3.93 here for the cheapest gas at the cheapest station.. The most expensive station is $4.02 for the cheapest gas.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
in our 3 surrounding towns, cheapest is currently 4.49 for regular cash ($4.59 if you want to pay at the pump credit or debit)

but if you go one town more over its 4.89 a gal for regular cash right now...

and yet the oil companies reacenlty announced BILLIONS in PROFIT (thats money after taxes and infatlion and all that jazz...)
hmm were paying almost $5 a gal (it will be $5 a gal by summer if not more) and there announcing BILLIONS in PROFITS...
and of course there announcing all that profit and our prices for food, transportation, feed for livestock, materials ect are all ging up in price to account for higher gas prices..

oil gets rich while we get poor...

im trading my car in for a horse and buggy...
or at least i would if i wouldnt be slapped with huge fines for keeping a horse in city limits LOL.

Sunny

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
pinkfox said:
im trading my car in for a horse and buggy...
or at least i would if i wouldnt be slapped with huge fines for keeping a horse in city limits LOL.
Actually Ive been thinking about that. In my town we are allowed to keep miniature farm animals. They just made the law about 2 years ago. Ive been looking into a couple of mini horses to pull a cart. But I dont have property.. But there is a vacant piece of land behind me. Been trying to contact the owners and see if I can use it if I keep it mowed down. Right now it is waist high with blackberries starting to grow every where..

Shiloh Acres

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Seems it just went DOWN here? It's been around $3.84 but today I passed three stations selling for $3.71 and $3.72.

I can't decide if I should fill up QUICK or see if it comes down more.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I filled up my bike today, and it was cheaper than it was a week ago. Plus regular gas was $0.10 cents cheaper today than it was when I filled up on Friday.

old fashioned

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Ours finally dropped just a couple of days ago. It topped out at 3.91 down to 3.89-a whole .02 whoopieee. The stations seem very ssssllllooooooowww to lower the price, but hopefully it'll come down even further. :fl